shape
carat
color
clarity

Places to buy Demantoid?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Messiah Khan

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 8:27:19 AM
Author: Chrono
Cool pics. How much longer will it take to complete it?
Im not quite sure how long it will take, but I suspect no more than a month or so. The deadline is the end of May, so anytime before then hopefully. Also having a box commissioned for the ring to go in. It is going to be made from either walnut or Imbuia, with an ivory silk cushion for the ring to sit in. The design of the box will be something like the attached image. :)

AlasdairBoxRevised3small.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
It''s interesting to see the ring at that stage, thanks for posting the pics. I look forward to seeing the finished ring and the custom made box.

Messiah Khan

Rough_Rock
The completed ring has finally come back from the Jewellers. I love it! The photo makes it look quite scratched, but in real life it looks really smooth, polished and delicate. The Demantoid looks great as well, as this is the first time I have seen it in real life. The shank & detail is in 925 Stirling silver, and the rubover setting is 950 Platinum. Again, it looks more obvious that there are two different metals in the photo than it does to the eye. To my eyes it looks very similar and provides the stone with extra protection without the cost of a full Platinum ring.

The custom box should also start this coming week, and I have been working with a colleague to produce an acid etched metal plate for the bottom of the box, listing all the details of the ring, stone & box. I am also having the ring cushion made out of 100% silk satin in Ivory. Should hopefully look nice.

What do you lot think? :)

aaaqqqzzz_.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s breathtakingly beautiful; simple and elegant! You’ve put a lot of effort and thought into the demantoid, setting and presentation box. I cannot even begin to imagine her excitement when she receives it.
36.gif

Messiah Khan

Rough_Rock
Thanks Chrono. Glad you like it. I know you have been following my thread, so I greatly appreciate your comments.
1.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! The knotwork design came out really well.

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WOW...

The ring and the box are both excellent... both are extremely lovely... great job...

Most respectfully;

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Celtic design. Very pretty.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and box!

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful, one of a kind ring!
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it!!!!!!!! Post the picure in show me the ring too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best of luck with proposal.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s gorgeous!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results