shape
carat
color
clarity

pinpoints?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

greta2002

Rough_Rock
I am considering purchasing a diamond that is graded VS1; however, the GIA certificate reads that "pinpoints are not shown." How concerned should I be regarding these pinpoints, as the stone is graded VS1? I would appreciate any comments.

Thank you!

Architect

Rough_Rock
I had come across a few diamond certificates that had the same comment on it. I asked a trusted certified jeweler who sits on the jewelers board of trade and he told me that GIA places this comment on their certificates if the diamond has pinpoints that are not seen under 10x magnification, but that can be seen under 30x-60x magnification. These inclusions are so small, that it does not affect the clarity of the stone at all. The comments are placed on the certificates so that if someone was to look at the stone under higher magnification, they would not be surprised. The comments are more of an informative statement and should not be looked as something to be concerned about. Hope that helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results