shape
carat
color
clarity

pink

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
So I found this pink diamond. It is graded I2. Reminds me of sort of a bi-color rough tourmaline. Is it just me or is this kind of unique looking. I kind of like it.

_39000.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well yes it's not just you it is unique. I wouldn't buy it, but I agree it's not something you see in jewelry often.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reminds me of himalayan pink salt.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's certainly unusual but I quite like it too! Might make a pretty pendant? Wonder if it's difficult to set an I2????

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What you guys need to remember is the top ( schmutzy) part is where you put the battery

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Niel, thank you for your input. It is a very different diamond.

Flyingpig, It does look like Himalayan salt.

Snowdrop13, I was thinking the same thing. How cool it'll be to set it in a pendant.

Rockdiamond, funny.

Anyone else want to chime in? I would love to hear other people's opinion.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
VERY cool stone, i'd absolutely wear it as a ring bc i'd want to be able to see it. A simple rose gold bezel with a satin finish would be so pretty :drool:

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I really like the stone. In more and more modern jewelry you are seeing people deliberately use included stones. I second it in a rose gold bezel.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
flyingpig|1486343745|4124694 said:
Reminds me of himalayan pink salt.

That was what I was thinking as well. *goes to check his bottle of Himalayan salt in the kitchen pantry to see if there's anything really hard in it*

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Vesper|1486417226|4125012 said:
I really like the stone. In more and more modern jewelry you are seeing people deliberately use included stones. I second it in a rose gold bezel.

I agree with Vesper. I think the contrast of using rustic stones with a modern edge very cool. I have a rose cut eternity (with opaque and semi opaque rustic rose cuts) in brushed high karat gold and love it.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all for your input. The more I look at it the more I like it. Maybe a pendant set with double or triple prongs? Fishtail or modern fishtail setting? Something really different.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like it too, I saw it come up and was tempted! Ask for a video.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder how many different prong settings there are. I like double claw set prongs, but also maybe some kind of modified fishtail. My mother's emerald set diamond had 9 little prongs in sets of 3. I have never seen anything like it, and unfortunately don't have pictures. I have always loved that ring as it reminded me of lace. All I know is it was done by some Japanese jeweler back in maybe the 30-40's? She had it taken apart years ago. Such a shame.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right hand ring

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone has such a pretty color! Yes, it is very imperfect, but it is one cool looking diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results