shape
carat
color
clarity

pink trillion pendant design idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I have a pink sapphire trillion that I have been trying to come up with way to set as a pendant. I''d love to do a diamond pave halo but that is definitely out of budget right now. But I would like to do more than a basic basket setting...so that the setting is larger around the stone making the whole pendant appear larger. I took it to my local jeweler and this is what they came up with. I''m not sure about it. They think the pink sapphire would look better in yellow gold but I''m more of a white gold person.

Opinions? suggestions?

hopmantrillion.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
This is my stone..lighter than the color they are using at the jewelers.

PinkSapphireekc.JPG

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
It''s definitely an interesting design. I would like to see the rays yellow tho and the rest of it in white gold. I''m not sure if I like the fact that the stone is butted up against the yellow gold and that is what you see through the stone.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s pretty. It''s kind of reminiscent of Mark Schneider''s Blossom collection http://www.markschneiderdesign.com/colors.html. I like the yellow gold but I think it would also be pretty in white too. How big will the whole pendent be?

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
What do you think of the idea or Rose gold for the prongs/rays and using white gold for the outline... the rose gold can make the pink a bit richer and the white gold will add alot of contrast...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
honest opinion: i think the setting over powers the stone......

is the design a butterfly?

movie zombie

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Kismet--I love the Mark Schneider Bloom pendant. That was the picture I gave the jeweler...I can't afford the diamond pave part. The jeweler recommended the yellow gold. Still not sure. I rather liked the white gold contrast. Size would be a bit smaller than a quarter.

Scott--The rose gold with white gold might be a better option. Just not feeling it in yellow gold.

Movie Zombie--I agree. I'm not sure this is the right jeweler for this project. It's a local guy who has a relationship with my husband's company so my husband would prefer I go with him. The jeweler is having trouble coming up with a way to attach the stone if it looks more like the Bloom pendant. I'm afraid it will come out look too chunky.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I think this design may be easily adjusted for you liking Island, please see my attempt just for example.

# 2 Closer petals and prongs (i suggest double prongs instead of V-shape - #3 adjustment on the picture) are Rose gold, the rest - White as you like it.

#1 Bail is removed and medium petals are formed as loops at the ends to make a room the the chain.

TrillionPendantFlow.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
imo, the rose/red gold center around the stone helps to balance the piece!

movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
seems much more balanced and way more attractive....is that a red/pink gold chain?

movie zombie

eta: i wonder what green gold would look like instead of the pink gold under the stone? can you work you magic some more? might be to cutsy though.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Sure MZ, nothing easier.
Insert # 2 is the same pendant without outer petals.

Islandpendant5.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
not that its my stone or going to be my pendant but that magic you work is awesome! i actually like #1 and the pendant on the chain....but i don''t like #2.

such renderings are very very useful!

movie zombie

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the renderings. You have improved the piece a great deal! I totally agree on the prongs...2 are much better than the Vs. Love the idea of the chain looping through a petal too.

Could you do one more for me with the petals that have the leaves inside but not the other petals...so there are only 3 instead of 6?

Do most jewelers have access to pink and green gold? I don''t think I''ve ever seen green gold....

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 3:37:01 PM
Author: IslandDreams

Could you do one more for me with the petals that have the leaves inside but not the other petals...so there are only 3 instead of 6?
I am not sure it's what you asked for Island, hehe we keep peeling the onion...If you had something else in mind please tell, it's an easy job and i gladly adjust anything in the picture. BTW, it looks like Ontario's symbol - the trillium flower.

Islandpendant6.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Thanks..this is close, but we need one layer of onion put back on...can you put the white gold outer petals that line up with the pink gold leaves back on? So the leaves are inside the white gold petals?

Thanks!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Then we have to either put a bail back or rotate the flower 60 degrees.
Here is the first option, i will make another one in a min.

Islandpendant7.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I think rotating would work.......

I''m thinking I like the simplicity of this.....

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Here is the rotated one, in order to have a petal available for the chain slide vertical.

Islandpendant8.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I don't like the rotated as much. Could the chain go through 2 petals if it was rotated back to how it was previously or would that look too weird? Or maybe a permanent chain attached at 2 petel points?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
ha-ha that's what i did right after i posted the rotated one as i dislike it too.
i think it's possible to make a chain to go thru 2 upper petals, ask you guy if he can make "jump rings" behind them.

Islandpendant71.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I actually like how you did the last picture. How would the chain attach? It looks good with it coming from behind....better than my idea of hooking through 2 petals. Thanks so much for your vision and design skills!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
here is the pendant from behind Island, see 2 jump rings (half-rings) attached to upper parts of upper petals, i made them purple for the contrast.
neck picture shows same other side of the pendant and how a chain going thou.

Islandpendant72.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results