shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Tourmaline Setting Ideas Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I have just received this pretty baby from Daniel at customgemstones. I love it! I would like to set this into a ring so that I can stare at it but this is my first emerald cut gem and I have no idea how I should set it. I would be grateful for any setting ideas! Thank you.

to902.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa!! That is a beautiful tourmaline!!!!!

What is the size on that baby?

As for mounting in a ring, You could do a halo of course. A three stone would be awesome. Maybe with traps that are radiant cut on the pavallion. If you can find such a thing.

What ever you decide I am sure it will a amazing. Congrats on such a stunning purchase.

Please share some pics when you get a chance.
36.gif

Doug

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
That's a beautiful stone, it looks like bubblegum pink!!
18.gif

How big is the stone? That would help with the ideas, so we could point you to specific mountings.

Congratulations.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ladies, this tourmaline is 3.74 carat and the dimensions are 10.2mm X 7.2mm.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING stone. I really like the facets on it. I''m weird that way.

You must set it in a ring so you can stare at it constantly. What about E/W with small diamonds on each end? I have a much smaller EC set like that and I love it, no photo though. And of course that would depend on how wide your finger is.

Have you tried looking at it with different colored metals? I''m betting yellow gold is the way to go but it probably depends on the exact color of your stone.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hey thanks everyone..

I am open to ideas N-S or E-W (but I intend to set this into a RHR and I wear a size 4 so E-W may be a problem). I am also open to either white gold or rose gold or while gold with yellow prongs etc.. The Vera Wang setting looks beautiful too but I would prefer some diamonds to go along with this baby.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is gorgeous! I am anxious to see what you do with it.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Ericad, those are gorgeous! I went into the website to take a look and they do have a lot of beautiful designs.. I am getting some ideas from that site..

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 12:18:32 AM
Author: ericad
Do you like a vintage look? 23rd Street Jewelers has a few unique pinks featured on their site right now...

I LOVE the first ring in the first picture (with the half moon sides).... then again I am a sucker for half moons... one day I will have some!

Simply -- That stone is beautiful, it looks like such a good cut and a great color. I think your idea of setting it with diamonds is the way to go. I think it would look great as a 3 stone ring (with half moons or trillions or trapezoids). G/L on your decision!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks prettyone! I wish I can do photoshop too.. that setting looks good, and I am still undecided what to do, sigh..

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2007 12:18:32 AM
Author: ericad
Do you like a vintage look? 23rd Street Jewelers has a few unique pinks featured on their site right now...
The one on top with the half moons is closest to what I was thinking of, but I have small round stones on the sides of my square stone. The E/W that I was thinking of may not work for you size four is very small and that stone looks very substantial. In a good way!

Who will you get to set it for you?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Stone Hunter,

i have to bring it to a local jeweler here in Singapore to set it.. I think I have decided on a halo (again) with milgrains (again).

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/8/2007 7:47:16 PM
Author: simplysplendid
Hi Stone Hunter,

i have to bring it to a local jeweler here in Singapore to set it.. I think I have decided on a halo (again) with milgrains (again).
You say "again" do you have a photo of your other setting? The halo will make the stone look even bigger unless the halo is done with very small stones, is that you mean?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Stonehunter, I said "again" because this is not going to be the first gemstone ring with a halo and with milgrain.. I have a round spessartite that I bought from Dan Stair set that way too..
21.gif
. The first ring on the link below is mine
16.gif

http://www.customgemstones.com/CUSTGEMS/CustPics.htm

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes! I have already drooled over that ring. Just lovely. Sometimes I forget who goes with what rings sorry.
4.gif

Evelina

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful stone.
Love the color!
18.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 7:45:00 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Oh yes! I have already drooled over that ring. Just lovely. Sometimes I forget who goes with what rings sorry.
4.gif
Hi Stone Hunter, Thank you! No Worries!

Thank you Evelina!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My Goodness SimplySplendid, that is one gorgeous stone with amazing color!!!!! I can''t wait to see how you have it set. I love a vintage look and with that pink, rose gold might be truly stunning.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, this is what I have done with the pink tourmaline from Dan Stair..

SSPinkTour2.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, it turned out beautiful!!! I love it.

Linda

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darlin'' who does your settings... that two heart shipping halos!!! I LOVE what you did with this stone and the spess, who is your jewler!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning!
30.gif
Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results