shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Tourmaline hunt (inspired by karee!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karend26

Shiny_Rock
How does this look? It''s hard for me to tell if there''s a window or not.

Type: Tourmaline
Pieces: 1
Weight: 2.39 ct.
Calibrated: 9 X 7 mm
Exact Size: 9.12 x 7.11 x 5.78 mm
Color: Rose
Shape: Oval Facet
Clarity: VVS
Treatment: None
Origin: Mozambique

3tourmaline-gem-179332a.jpg

karend26

Shiny_Rock
Or is this one better?

Type: Tourmaline
Pieces: 1
Weight: 2.04 ct.
Size: 7.6 x 5.42 mm
Color: Rose Red
Shape: Round Portuguese Cut
Clarity: VVS-VS
Treatment: None
Origin: Mozambique

4tourmaline-gem-142215a.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They might be treated, high probability if they''re from ebay and the material is already cut. If that doesn''t matter to you, the photos still look enhanced. I would get a pink tourmaline through a faceter who gets untreated rough.

karend26

Shiny_Rock
They are from GemSelect and they say untreated, if that means anything.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they''re faceted and they came through Brazil or Thailand for faceting, then I wouldn''t risk it. Unfortunately for this type of treatment, a lab would not be able to easily identify the treatment. I would stick with one of the faceters that obtain the rough and facet it themselves. However, if you do not care about a treated stone, than go for it. These stones are typically irradiated to get a more pink color. I''m not saying it''s not treated, but I don''t think you can easily rule that out either.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you done any research on GemSelect? I''ve heard not so good things about them.

karend26

Shiny_Rock
Well, the hunt continues. I emailed Daniel at Custom Gemstones, so maybe he''ll have something for me.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should try Gene at precisiongem.com and Barry Bridgestock at acstones.com. If you add these people to your list, and they are fine cutters, you will have more options to choose from.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
yay! :) good luck on the search.

out of curiosity, what''s wrong with gemselect? no one said anything negative about them when i bought my stone. i didn''t have any problems with them...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results