shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink tourmaline custom cut and set in a ring (lots of pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and I love it. I have learned so much, and see my first stones and gemstones in a whole new light. After enjoying all of your wonderful pictures, I decided to post my own. This project was actually inspired by all of you here at Pricescope. The stone and ring is a birthgift for my daughter Ava who was born this Autumn.

It all started with a picture of this sold tourmaline on Jeff Graham''s webpage, faceters.com.

jeffgrahampurecut.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I really really loved the cut and wanted one of my own. I found a cutter for it through Jeff, he''s called Daniel Starr, from Dan''s Starr Gems. Here''s a picture of the rough.

avastourmalinerough1.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a picture of Dan''s. The stone''s specs are 2.76 cts, 7.7 mm wide, 8.6 mm long (from point to point), 6.7 mm deep. The colors look really different in real life.

tourm1vendorspic.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Another of the vendor''s pictures...

tourm2vendorspicfromtheside.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
The vendor''s pictures show off the cut nicely. I had the stone set in a simple silver ring. In the future when I have more funds for this delightful hobby, I''ll set things in gold and platinum (actually I have a project like that being made, waiting for it is the worst!) Right now I have to compromise in order to be able to collect stones also.

Next a few (ehm) pictures of the ring. On my screen these show off the color more like it is IRL in my eyes. Sorry about the hair
20.gif

ring1withthehair.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Some sparkle. I love this cut, this little girl shows off star like patterns, and sometimes it resembles a rose.

ring2straightonsparkle.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
In the sun
9.gif

ring3inthesun.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Another...

ring4oncd.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Looking all gemmy and gorgeous!

ring5lookinggemmy.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Another view, this pale nuance is one that the stone shows off more seldom, but I like it a lot.

ring6lookingpale.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
A sideview.

ring6sideview.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Last one, I promise
17.gif

ring7somemoresparkle.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It''s beautiful. Pink is very pretty and the setting is very nice!!
36.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It''s really sweet!

cheers--Sharon

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOH.. I love it! VEry unique!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring! Love the cut, the interesting flashes of color, and the simple ring styling.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy!
35.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very unique cut with a gorgeous bezel setting.
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!! I love it.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
A very pretty stone--love that high crown!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous and I love the cut and color of that stone!!!! I just visited his website and he does amazing work. His cuts are beautiful. What a lovely gift to your daughter.

Linda

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous! Where did you find the setting?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that cut, and the way the setting shows it off! Congratulations on a wonderful design!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful! Congrats on the baby, too!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful tourmaline and the setting fits it so well. I love the intricate geometrical faceting pattern in the stone. That''s so unique and sets it apart.
30.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, I love the color and the setting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
So pretty!!!

H

hlpkaixin3344

ooooh so pretty! What a very cool cut...thanks for sharing! I love pink stones!

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
You have got to love Dan Stair''s cuts!! He is amazing! How long until you give it to your daughter? It is so special

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thankyou
mochi
canuk-gal
cushioncutnut
Fly Girl
Chrono
neatfreak
coatimundi
Linda W
MonkeyPie
VRBeauty
Tuckins1
tourmaline_lover
MMT
dancingflame
Anonymous User
lasscreative

for all of your lovely comments!

I love the color pink right now, it kind of goes in phases, the only difficulty is there are so many shades of it that the craving for them never seems to stop.
25.gif

Coatimundi I love the high crown too, it reminds me of how I thought diamonds were when I was little. The only drawback is that it looks smaller, because it is so deep.

Linda W Dan Starr is a really good cutter, and so funny his name is almost the same as Dan Stair from Ccustomgemstones. I like Jeff Graham''s cuts that Dan Starr seems to like to cut.

MonkeyPie It''s from a silver smith in Helsinki. Here in Finland custom setting is outrageously expensive and I have yet to find ready made settings anywhere in this country. But this silversmith seems really nice and easy to work with, I already took a four carat pink tourmaline from AJS gems to him so he can set it into a pendant.

VRBeauty Thanks for the compliments on the setting, it feels good. I was kind of sad to have a gorgeous stone like this and not the funds to set it with a halo or something. BUT now I''m liking the simplicity of the setting more and more all the time.

Tuckins1 Thankyou, Ava is my second child. So great to be a mom, we are having the christening today
1.gif

lasscreative This is kind of a sneaky present
2.gif
My husband gave it to me as a present when Ava was born, it''s a custom in our family. I had her birth date and name engraved into the ring and plan to give it to her on her sixteenth birthday, but until then I''ll wear it - carefully of course as it''s tourmaline. So I get to wear it for a long time first, but always with this beautiful thought in mind that it''s going to my daughter.

If she''s a tomboy, though, I''ll have to reconsider the sixteen, and maybe give it a few more years.

Marie

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty......and a beautiful custom!

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results