shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Spinel in a Gemstone Project + David Klass halo

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I've had this pink spinel sitting around for two years. Since I first saw them I've adored Chrono's pear spinel halo and BrightIce's pear spinel halo - they've been my favorite rings other than my engagement ring for years now. This ring was going to be my version. But when I went to try on similar halos... I didn't like how they looked on my hand. They just weren't me. I like chunkier rings, that's just all there is to it. Skinny bands, skinny halos, they look great but aren't my thing. Which left me stumped. I had a folder full of inspiration ideas and none of them really spoke to me. Eventually my 30th birthday was coming up and I really wanted to set this stone, but kind of decided that maybe I should do something else instead. At any rate I was gripped by indecision. BUT THEN I saw NKOTB's cuprian tourmaline in this scalloped/spiky halo and it was love at first sight. I waited less than a full day before contacting Elle at The Gemstone Project to get started. I'd say this is much less deliberating than usual, but I suppose I'd really been deliberating for two years! I also ordered one of her Accolade bands to go with it.

I don't get it until the middle of next week but here are the pictures from David Klass:

img_7664.jpg

img_7666.jpg

img_7667.jpg

img_7670.jpg

If you're familiar with NKOTB's ring you can see that I wanted quite a few changes - curvier split on the shank, milgrain on the edges to match the Accolade, kites in the gallery instead of petals, a wider band overall, and lowering everything past the point where they said "okay, it's already really low, let's stop here." Elle and David did multiple rounds of CADs for me (I'll post them later for the curious) and were very patient with my nitpicky changes and with every iteration I loved it more and more until it was perfect. These pictures look exactly like how I wanted it to look so hopefully I'll feel the same when I see it in person. (Maybe I'm jumping the gun on this post - but I wanted to share the excitement and anticipation!)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats what a spectacular spinel

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
Such a beauty!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am, of course, completely biased, but I reaaaally, reeeaaaallly love this. I call dibs of you ever sell for any reason. Lol. Congrats, can't wait to see hand shots!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is an incredible ring!!! I can't wait to see more pics and see it on your hand!! I think you chose a beautiful design, and that stone is just TDF!!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB|1471750434|4068257 said:
I am, of course, completely biased, but I reaaaally, reeeaaaallly love this. I call dibs of you ever sell for any reason. Lol. Congrats, can't wait to see hand shots!!!

Laughing - you have so many killer pieces that some of us should be allowed to get in line first (just kidding)

In all seriousness...the combination of size, color and setting is fantastic..what an amazing :love: ring. Congratulations!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and ring!!!!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous :love: :love: :love: !

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone and setting!!! This is such a beautiful sister ring of NKOTB's ring. You have both made great choices and Elle and David did such a great job.

The accolade band is a beautiful and very fluid addition. Looking forward to see your pics once you have received the ring.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous. Love the shape of that halo.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
gorgeous ring! congrats!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow this is beautiful. Gorgeous ring!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! Sorry to thread jack but I just saw that Elle at the Gemstone Project is having a sale in her Etsy store for august. Some yummy pinks there. Code on her Facebook page.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! :love: Love the setting and love the color! BEAUTIFUL. :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting for a Gorgeous spinel :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful,gorgeous!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh thank you for all the comments! It arrived just a little bit ago and so far seems exactly like what I wanted! I've ordered one of those Olloclip things so that hopefully I can have better closeup pictures than the ones I get by holding my loupe up.

Cat does not understand why my hand is hovering but not petting.
img_1914_0.jpg
(Sorry for the Target bag in the picture... he thinks it's an awesome toy and drags it around the house to claw at.)

img_1915_0.jpg

img_1923.jpg

img_1922_0.jpg

img_1924.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So some of you may have heard me rant before about the unnaturalness of wearing pears upside-down. It's wrong and incorrect and not ... not ... ooooh, look at it, it looks like a shield, isn't that nice! Let's take twenty pictures of it this way! Ooooooh!

fullsizerender__3__8.jpg

img_1916.jpg

img_1927.jpg

(Also, doesn't the Accolade band just look so lovely with it???)

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
distracts|1471971479|4069061 said:
So some of you may have heard me rant before about the unnaturalness of wearing pears upside-down. It's wrong and incorrect and not ... not ... ooooh, look at it, it looks like a shield, isn't that nice! Let's take twenty pictures of it this way! Ooooooh!
Hahahahaha!!!! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't been to CS in a week but this is a nice welcome back! :appl: Great stone and fabulous setting!!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Highlighting the lovely Accolade band...

fullsizerender__3__copy.jpg

fullsizerender__4__copy.jpg

And the lowness of the ring. WAY way low, just how I like it!

img_1940.jpg

img_1941.jpg

I took it to play in some different lighting...

img_1942.jpg

img_1951_1.jpg

I bought an Olloclip but only managed this picture with it before my husband took the ring away because I'm not supposed to play with my present before my birthday. :knockout: You can really see all the fuzzes with magnification this high!
img_2073_copy.jpg

deco1

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous spinel, beautiful setting and the band complements it. Enjoy!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! :love: Congratulations! :clap:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!
Perfect on your hand.

Kitty is beautiful, too. He just wants to be front and center in all pictures, and who could blame him? :angel:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Niel, Imdoubler, lovedogs, arkieb1, qubitasaurus, Acinom, Derbygal, Gloria27, Dk168, Hathalove, Rockysalamander, Missy, Lovinggems, Deco1, Rockinruby.

Special thanks to Bright Ice and Chrono because without your rings as inspiration, this would never have been in existence. I really cannot express how deeply I have coveted both of those. When Bright Ice's went up for sale I wanted so badly to buy it even though I already had this stone and knew skinny pave doesn't suit me and all sense said I shouldn't. (Obviously, sense won out, and I think in the long run I will be happier with this style.)

lilmosun|1471758564|4068275 said:
NKOTB|1471750434|4068257 said:

Laughing - you have so many killer pieces that some of us should be allowed to get in line first (just kidding)

In all seriousness...the combination of size, color and setting is fantastic..what an amazing :love: ring. Congratulations!

:lol: I think Elle may have first dibs by default, but I don't see myself ever letting go of this! If I say "you can pry it from my cold dead hands" that gives me one hand for my engagement ring and one for this!

KaeKae|1472012997|4069327 said:
Stunning!
Perfect on your hand.

Kitty is beautiful, too. He just wants to be front and center in all pictures, and who could blame him? :angel:

Thanks! And yes, the cat very much likes to be the center of my attention - and by extension my camera's attention. He gets PLENTY of photos taken just of him - you'd think he could let something else get photographed for once! (Cat pictures added because who doesn't love cat pictures???)

img_1754_0.jpg

fullsizerender__3__9.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The close ups of the details on your setting are making me drool. I need something set like this!!! The band is so pretty too. And kitty! :love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry in case I missed it, but what finger size are you? Trying to decide if a 2 carat would be big enough for my big (size 7) hands. :naughty:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
derbygal|1472149510|4070010 said:
Sorry in case I missed it, but what finger size are you? Trying to decide if a 2 carat would be big enough for my big (size 7) hands. :naughty:

I'm a size 4.5. I'm sure 2 carats would be big enough - look, this monster nearly eats my whole finger! (And for reference, the face-up size of the pear is around 10.3 x 6.9 mm.)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to figure out how to take decent pictures with the Olloclip...

fullsizerender__4__5.jpg

fullsizerender__5__2.jpg

Took it outside... this is indirect sunlight but the color is still really popping! I don't feel like I'm getting good pics of it in direct sunlight yet... it glows so hard but it's just like my engagement ring where every time I try to get a picture of the color in direct sunlight, it looks darker than what I'm seeing.

fullsizerender__6__0.jpg

fullsizerender__7__0.jpg

I also have the CADs in the SMTB thread, if anyone wants to see them - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pink-spinel-in-a-gemstone-project-david-klass-halo.225139/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pink-spinel-in-a-gemstone-project-david-klass-halo.225139/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results