shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink sapphires on etsy

pandadreams11

Rough_Rock
I saw this seller on etsy for natural pink sapphires and the price looks suspiciously cheap for natural stones. Its called loose gems online

Can anyone advise please.

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Store has no reviews, photo colors are all completely blown out, international vendor, and the price is way way too good to be true. Suspecting glass, synthetic, or massively treated. Also the cuts aren’t terribly good. Big windows.

pandadreams11

Rough_Rock
Store has no reviews, photo colors are all completely blown out, international vendor, and the price is way way too good to be true. Suspecting glass, synthetic, or massively treated. Also the cuts aren’t terribly good. Big windows.

thanks for the reply i figured it was too good to be true.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
No doubt these are lab created. No doubt!

Beware of buying from India. There are honest dealers there, but there are others who are not.

India does not allow gemstones to be imported into the country by mail. This means that if you buy a gemstone from India and it turns out to be synthetic, not as represented, or you just don't like the stone, you cannot ship it back declared as a gemstone. You must declare it as something else and hope the dealer is honest and that customs does not open the package or it gets lost/stolen.

These dealers hide behind this clause in their country’s imports law. There is no way for USPS to confirm delivery by just First Class International, you have to pay for a more expensive shipping option to get confirmation from USPS. Fed Ex and DHL can, but again, you cannot declare the item as a gemstone and you pay a high cost.

Considering this, please do not spend large sums of money with Indian dealers, unless your absolutely sure they are honest.

From past experience.

Last edited:

pandadreams11

Rough_Rock
No doubt these are lab created. No doubt!

Beware of buying from India. There are honest dealers there, but there are others who are not.

India does not allow gemstones to be imported into the country by mail. This means that if you buy a gemstone from India and it turns out to be synthetic, not as represented, or you just don't like the stone, you cannot ship it back declared as a gemstone. You must declare it as something else and hope the dealer is honest and that customs does not open the package or it gets lost/stolen.

These dealers hide behind this clause in their country’s imports law. There is no way for USPS to confirm delivery by just First Class International, you have to pay for a more expensive shipping option to get confirmation from USPS. Fed Ex and DHL can, but again, you cannot declare the item as a gemstone and you pay a high cost.

Considering this, please do not spend large sums of money with Indian dealers, unless your absolutely sure they are honest.

From past experience.

Thank You so much for all the information :)

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
photo colors are all completely blown out

Yes, this! Please ad to your "bad examples" file when assessing Etsy vendor websites. When every single gem for sale is better than the best in the world...

Kevin Bryant

Rough_Rock
Trade
I sell on etsy and we see a lot of fakes not as bad as ebay but still bad. When buying I would suggest looking over there profile, reaching out to them and asking questions. I know I have pink sapphires on etsy with GIA reports and I general dont get a lot of traction on etsy with them unless I am doing a custom build for someone so when someone ask a question most real sellers will be johny on the spot. But in closing reach out, talk to the buyer, look at the rating and ask questions

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results