shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink sapphire-should I buy it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
This what I found today in a local reputed Gemstone shop.The picture was taken by my N73ME-so,the picture may not do the justice,and also there was both hallogen and CFL lights-so,the light tint is diffult to describe-though theoritically yellowish tinge of hallogen should be balanced by Bluish tint of CFL,but I think there was a bit yellowh tint.I just booked it,I thought to dicuss with you peoples before I make the final payment.
Here goes the specs:
Natural untreated pink sapphire
weight:2.60 carat
Shape:Oval
Origin:Burma
Treatment:Natural earth mine
Clearity/Grade: SI 1
The shop priced it for 400USD appx(converted from INR) without VAT.
They said they will offer an certificate from GSI if I want for additional cost;+10USD;I think its better to arrange for certificate by myself for the Gem.
Should I go for it?

Pink Sapp.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
is this their only picture?
am I seeing a huge window? and a couple of inclusions?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I would keep looking. The window is very large and it''s pretty included.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
I saw the window in the shop,thats why I not go for a straightcut buying! ans is it really SI 1?Yes,thats the only image.I could give you more,but I have to spend 400$ then
41.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am forgiving of small windows but that one practically takes up the whole stone. I am also able to spot the inclusion in the lower right corner in addition to those specks in the center so the grading is about right. You probably will see it under strong lighting or direct sunlight. I’d keep looking because instead of being able to appreciate the colour, my eye is drawn to that dead spot in the center.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2009 11:38:25 AM
Author: rubyisforlove
I saw the window in the shop,thats why I not go for a straightcut buying! ans is it really SI 1?Yes,thats the only image.I could give you more,but I have to spend 400$ then
41.gif
no extra pictures needed if you have to buy it. pass on it it, like Chrono said, I just see the huge window and not appreciating the color like I would want to.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
Thank you.I will pass it.It surely does not worth the price,as am comparing with a VVS pink of mine.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
This one is from their upcomming batch catalouge.I took pic of their catalouge.So,the pic is very bad.But it be good,no?

pinkkk.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It terms of colour, it isn’t as good because it looks to have a grayish undertone but it seems to be cleaner. It still has a window but it is smaller.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
Many Thanks-I think its better to avoid buying Pink from him!Acyually I was mad to buy Pink now.
I would rather buy Ruby or diamond from him,as I have made some advance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results