shape
carat
color
clarity

pink sapphire halo setting

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this setting. I can't stop looking at it.

http://diamondbistro.com/category/246/Semi-Mounts/listings/44337/14K-RoseWhite-Gold-Pink-Sapphire-Halo.html

It says it will fit an 8mm round. Do you think there is any "wiggle room" or should I ONLY be looking at 8 mm stones and not 7.5-7.8 sizes? I am currently searching for pink spinels or a pink sapphire to fit it....

Is it unwise to buy a setting without a stone? I feel like I could find something if I look long enough and this setting is calling my name...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is less wiggle room for a bezel setting but 7.8 mm is doable. I'm not so sure about 7.5 mm. It is generally not advisable to buy the setting before the stone but if you are patient (prepared to look for months to years), then by all means go for it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Soxfan :wavey:
What a beautiful setting. Personally I concentrate on stones first and then will look for the best setting. But since it's calling your name... And if you are willing to be patient...
You could also have stone cut for you by Jeff White, Doug Menadue, Gene from Precision Gem or other cutters.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting wouldnt cost all that much to duplicate from someone like MyDiamondZone. I'd wait and fine the stone first

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results