shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Sapphire E-ring help

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

After some excellent advice from this board, I have decided to steer clear of an emerald e-ring. I am positive my girlfriend will love a colored stone ring, and I feel like I can get more bang for my buck over a traditional diamond ring (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I still need help not getting ripped off. I've scoured the vendors linked on these forums, and found quite a few I like.

My budget is 2-2.5k.

I really like this one, but its out of budget:
http://www.langantiques.com/art-deco-style-pink-sapphire-and-diamond-ring.html

How does one know if the ring I linked is worth the asking price?

I've looked at the custom jewelers on etsy like JuliaB and Heart of Waters, and getting them to make me something similar in my budget seems to be the way to go. Do you just trust the reputation of the vendors enough to be confident you got your money's worth?

Thanks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get a pink sapphire because that's what she will love, not because you'll get more bang for your buck. CS can get very pricey as well, depending on what you are looking for. If you happen to like the colours that aren't in demand, CS can be very inexpensive. Is your $2.5K budget for the entire ring?

Langs is typically on the expensive side. I have no issues with JuliaB and Sally at HOW.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the first thing i would do is determine which color she would like best.

Pink can be had for a fair price i think, but we would want to be certain thats the color you think she would want. I know youre confident that she would want a colored stone e ring, but i just want to make sure that youre not just picking pink because it can be affordable

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
I'm picking pink because it is her favorite color. She loves emeralds because they are her birthstone, but she has a ton of pink jewelry too.

I bought her pink pearl earrings for valentine's, and she loved them.

I have no idea if a pink sapphire is more affordable than any other colored stone, so that is not my motivation.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are many different shades of pink. Which one are you considering?

tints__shades_and_tones_pallet_by_dontbemad-d4bshav.jpg

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
The darker tones. For some reason the really light pink stones don't look very attractive to me.

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Is the $2-2.5k budget for just the stone or for the entire ring? Are you partial to it being a sapphire, or would you be ok with spinel as well?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
The budget is the entire ring.

I like the shape and design of the one I linked above. Perhaps something like that with less expensive stones?

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Chrono beat me to the punch posting that gemfix sapphire! I think that is a really lovely stone. Close to the color of the original ring you posted (nicer, imo)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word, Niel just put the entire ring together. You can have Pearlman order the Stuller setting for you and they can set it as well. I think this is a great option that is very similar to your inspiration ring and should be within budget.

Kudos to Niel! :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to give you three other potential options (but am seriously obsessed with the combo Neil posted).

1) https://www.escobardiamonds.com/sapphire/1-27ct-pear-pink-sapphire-pave-halo-split-ring.html (tiny bit over budget, but very pretty. Not entirely the same style though, just a thought).

2) http://www.66mint.com/product/burmese-pink-sapphire-diamond-deco-ring/ Also slightly over budget, but much closer to the style you looked at before.

3) http://www.66mint.com/product/1-77ct-pink-tourmaline-diamond-ring/ It's not PINK pink, but more of a red/pink IMHO. Tourmaline is not as hard as sapphire, but just another potential choice.

Good luck and keep us posted!

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that spinel is stunning Niel!!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always think an ideal project would be to give Niel a budget to put together a ring for me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1463018670|4030540 said:
I always think an ideal project would be to give Niel a budget to put together a ring for me.

hahahaha I've thought that on more than one occasion! Wouldn't that be fun?! :naughty:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1463018865|4030542 said:
lilmosun|1463018670|4030540 said:

hahahaha I've thought that on more than one occasion! Wouldn't that be fun?! :naughty:

hahaha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results