shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Pear or Bad Photos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
So the Pink Pear thread reminded me of what I''ve always noticed about that vendor''s horrific photography?

The hand pix look great - like rings & jewelry would usually look ... but most of their, um, "display" wanna-be "beauty" shots, are AWFUL!! They can make otherwise yumsies Asschers look like clear pieces of p**.

Don''t know if its the black backgrounds or the "star" filter or WHAT - but
14.gif

Has anyone else noticed this? And how important are vendor photos in deciding where to get a product?

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I noticed it too...I think it''s the black background.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of their pictures are great. Some, not so much. I''m not sure what it is, but their pics of radiants look awesome. However, pics of their step cuts make it seem like the stones are dead. Maybe it is the black background, I dunno!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always thought David''s pictures were great!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Deco - I read the re:line as Pink Bear and I clicked! Wanted to know what you has to say about the pink bear.

I''m losing it. Need long weekend now.

But yeah...I''ve noticed that vendor shots can sometimes look a little like cybil shephard at the end of the whole moonlighting thing...all filtery and weird.

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
The hand pix look great - like rings & jewelry would usually look ... but most of their, um, ''display'' wanna-be ''beauty'' shots, are AWFUL!! They can make otherwise yumsies Asschers look like clear pieces of p**.

Don''t know if its the black backgrounds or the ''star'' filter or WHAT - but
14.gif

yeah, their photos have always turned me off as well. i think because the over all look cheapens their jewelry. it''s the starburst filter overkill.. it makes it look photoshopped, fake and gaudy. there''s too much light and everything is blown out to white. w/ little starbursts coming off of the metal highlights which you never see in real life you know intuitively that it won''t look like that in person unless you''re standing in tiffany''s looking at a display box.

to me it''s not so much the black background as there is too much light and it''s washing out part of the background because the camera lens is catching the light (they might need a hood for the lens). their compression of the images seems a bit too high to handle the range of detail which makes things look chunky and noisy with compression artifacts. You can barely see the facets and the stones end up looking really messy.

maybe harsh, but when you''re looking at pieces in those price ranges with that sort if detail i think the images really have to be more professional of higher quality. when i first saw their images on ebay, i figured they were on of those scamming sellers lol. until i saw buyers on different forums i guess they must be ok.

but yeah, there is a threshold of making your photos look to good, or better than they probably look in "real life". i mean, starbursts like that?? only if you squint your eyes so tight they almost shut! =)

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I just think their photos are always BLOWN UP so huge, but then on the hand, they end up looking so delicate. The huge pictures do not truly represent what the jewelry piece will look like. Finally they have started showing actual hand shots, which in the past they never did.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results