shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Mahenge Spinel

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
I just received my pink Mahenge spinel today from David at Multicolour. I opted for the AIGS cert as well.
I love the color of the stone but am surprised to see how deep the color gets in sunlight or flash. It seems light in other lights.

_6173.jpeg

pinknewspinel.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone is lovely. Do you have a thread about that ring?

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Yes! The alexandrite? By the way the spinel is 2.05 carats. Forgot to mention that.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you thinking you'll keep it? If so, how will you set it?

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
I am keeping it. Setting it into a white gold mount with diamonds. I'll post photos soon!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
That's my favorite thing about mahenges - they love the sun, they perform so beautifully in sunlight. Congrats, and enjoy your new gem :)

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's beautiful! Love the color.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! So do you have a little UV light (black light)? it probably glow like crazy! My red mehenge shows its pinker side under black lights. its pretty cool. :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RSargent|1476406860|4086883 said:
I am keeping it. Setting it into a white gold mount with diamonds. I'll post photos soon!

I think that will be spectacular! I love pink spinels and pink sapphires. I think yours is slightly sleepy and shows that pink glow in sunlight that so many people love. I cannot wait for pics when your ring is completed.

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
It is sleepy! Just a tiny bit. I love the color...Thanks! And I did try it our with my UV flashlight. Super red reaction!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results