shape
carat
color
clarity

PINK! Mahenge spinel in it's new home

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! The stone is gorgeous!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
:love: So so pretty. The setting really shows off the pink. And I thought I liked your red a lot! This is better. Wear it (them) in good health.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
In the first photo I thought it was a fancy shape but then I saw the pic of the loose stone and I realized it was the prongs making it look like it wasn't oval. In any case, it's absolutely stunning!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet|1339768872|3216886 said:
In the first photo I thought it was a fancy shape but then I saw the pic of the loose stone and I realized it was the prongs making it look like it wasn't oval. In any case, it's absolutely stunning!

Actually, I think the optical illusion of the stone being non-oval is because of the space on each side of the stone. It's a bit of a longish oval IRL and the optical illusion you see in the photos looks the same IRL. It certainly wasn't planned, but I like it.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
wordie89|1339727983|3216642 said:
:love: So so pretty. The setting really shows off the pink. And I thought I liked your red a lot! This is better. Wear it (them) in good health.

Thank you!

I don't have a favorite between the two because the rings are so different looking. The red spinel was waaaay more expensive, only partially because it's a bit larger ct weight, but mostly because reds this color are very hard to come by and the bright saturated pinks, while getting more difficult to find, are still out there.

The setting for the round was also waaaaay more money than this one, partly because it has a "name" attached to it (Sarosi) but mainly because it is a better made setting and the diamonds are larger. That doesn't mean I visually like the red any better than the pink, it just is, what it is when it comes to gemstones/jewelry pricing. I was quite fortunate to find an "off the rack" setting that fit this stone.

I really didn't want a halo when I went looking for a setting for the round and was pleased that I found something I liked with diamonds that was non-halo. When I went looking for this setting, I had NO idea what I wanted, just something a bit different from the rest of my rings.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A stunning beauty! I like the white diamonds against the pink/red of your Mahenge. Perfect!

beau-wy

Rough_Rock
Trade
I love the decadence of the five rings on one finger!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
That pink spinel is beautiful! As are all your other pink beauties! :love: :love: :love:

Just a question--I don't see any evidence in your pictures, but does this stone have any half and half extinction? I am asking because I just had an oval mahenge sent to me that shows half and half, is a little bit more of an elongated oval like yours, and is from Prima as well. The color is out of this world, so just wondering if half and half extinction is inevitable with that cut.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
erinl|1350660058|3288580 said:
That pink spinel is beautiful! As are all your other pink beauties! :love: :love: :love:

Just a question--I don't see any evidence in your pictures, but does this stone have any half and half extinction? I am asking because I just had an oval mahenge sent to me that shows half and half, is a little bit more of an elongated oval like yours, and is from Prima as well. The color is out of this world, so just wondering if half and half extinction is inevitable with that cut.

It can at a certain angle in some lighting, but I seldom notice it. I'm not sure if it was more obvious before it was set or not because I don't have many pictures of the stone before it was set. If I have the ring on and hold it under my ott lamp at a certain angle, I can get it to show the half and half, but just wearing it and not "trying" to do that, I seldom notice it. HTH

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Nice ring! I like the unique shape of the stone. That group shot is pretty cool, you could almost wear one on every finger :)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I love the color of that stone, almost a cinnamon pink -- you could look at it all day & see something different each moment!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1350674342|3288736 said:
I love the color of that stone, almost a cinnamon pink -- you could look at it all day & see something different each moment!

This is what Jaimeen (Primagems) said about the color of the oval when comparing it to a pear I bought from him.

"The pear is a pure hot pink color where as the oval is about 60% pink, 35% red and 5% orange."

Maybe the 5% orange is what you see in some photos :D

I know it can look a bit reddish until I put it next to my red and then it looks hot pink, but if I put it next to the pink pear, then it shows that there is some red in it. Whatever you call the color, I love it! :lol:

kt

Shiny_Rock
sigh....just lovely, from all angles!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
its beautiful and i thin the setting is perfect! congrats

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw this thread. I love, love your new spinel. Seems to be even more eye-catching than the first one. And the ring is opulent. So-oh beautiful!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info colorluvr-- I am still on the fence as to whether I should keep mine--yours in gorgeous!!! :appl:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Missed this first time round. Stunning colour! Loved the blue flash :)) Enjoy!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it my eyes or is there an optical illusion going on with the setting? The spinel is oval right? In the setting it looks like a fancy cut! I adore the look! Am I right that there's an airline to the right and left of the stone? Very unique! Enjoy wearing it.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
LD|1350745761|3289099 said:
Is it my eyes or is there an optical illusion going on with the setting? The spinel is oval right? In the setting it looks like a fancy cut! I adore the look! Am I right that there's an airline to the right and left of the stone? Very unique! Enjoy wearing it.

Yes, LD, you are correct. It is a fun (totally not anticipated) optical illusion.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Arkteia|1350715596|3288976 said:
Just saw this thread. I love, love your new spinel. Seems to be even more eye-catching than the first one. And the ring is opulent. So-oh beautiful!

Thanks! For whatever reason, this one seems to photograph better than the red, but in person, I love them both!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results