shape
carat
color
clarity

pink diamonds on white or rose gold please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, my final question for the day I think - sorry there have been a couple. I have noticed a lot of people who have pink diamonds in their ring have them set in rose gold. I love rose gold personally, but have chosen to have my er & wedder remade in white gold to hopefully enhance the looks of the stones I have. I am going to have two pink diamond side stones though, and I have thought about getting them put in a rose gold bezel however my husband thinks it would make them look LESS obvious so he prefers the idea of the pinks surrounded by white gold. Does anyone have pink diamonds set in white gold that I could see a photo of. They''re only small diamonds for decoration. thanks, yet again!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Here is a link to pink diamonds in rose gold. You might want to search on pink (and maybe rose) to see what else you can find. I disagree with
your husband. I think putting the stones in bezeled rose gold will make them stand out more because the rest of the ring is in white gold. However,
if he is talking about the actual color of the pink its self standing out...I'm not sure if rose or white would be the best. Do a seach and see what you
prefer. From what I've seen, rose gold seems to be popular with pink diamonds.

Edited to add the link - oops!
Edited again to add picture of
pearlmans-beverlyk-1250.jpg

white gold with pink stones.
These may be sapphires and not diamonds (not really sure).

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hate to say this, but your husband is wrong.
The lovely ring that tyty posted is not pink diamonds- they look like sapphires to me.
Natural pink diamonds have a far more subtle hue.

We make a lot of jewelry with natural pink diamonds.

I can''t say your husband''s reasoning is faulty, because I had the same idea.
We make a circle of life with pink diamonds.
To test the theory that the white gold would be better, we made one in white gold with pink diamonds.
The result? You really can''t tell the diamonds are pink.
We set the same stones in pink gold and the color was obvious- not like the photo tyty posted- but a soft pastel pink

pinkinwhite.jpg

MajorlyChic

Rough_Rock
I totally agree with RockDiamond...Pink sapphires would show up in white gold easily due to their stronger hue, but pink diamonds being a softer tone would be more well suited with a rose gold setting to accentuate their color
2.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I agree with Rockdiamond too. I have a couple of natural pink diamond pendants in white gold and the pink really doesn''t show. Put them in rose gold (or even yellow) and they will really show their pink.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 12:44:54 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Yes, I agree with Rockdiamond too. I have a couple of natural pink diamond pendants in white gold and the pink really doesn''t show. Put them in rose gold (or even yellow) and they will really show their pink.
Ditto, rose gold all of the way!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another rose gold fan here. Pink diamonds are rare and special and rose gold will only show off their color more. If they are set in white gold you may not even notice they are pink. Pink diamonds are not usually as vivid as pink sapphires, so they are often too light to set in white gold.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I should just add that I''m NOT a fan of rose gold - I think it can look gaudy, cheap and tacky BUT in small amounts and surrounding pink diamonds it''s a very very obvious and lovely choice.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of rose gold at all, but after looking at the pink diamond rings, I agree with others. It just helps them to stand out more.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have natural pink diamonds in a halo around my engagement ring. They are set in rose gold. (I have a thread in "Show me the ring" right now that shows my jewelry. It may have dropped to page 2 or 3) I think if they had been set in white gold, they would not have showed up as being pink.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
The problem is that the setting is already made in WG - does anyone know if it would it be a huge hassle to change this small part of the setting into RG? Is it even possible to do?? Thanks

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2009 6:44:22 PM
Oh I should just add that I''m NOT a fan of rose gold - I think it can look gaudy, cheap and tacky BUT in small amounts and surrounding pink diamonds it''s a very very obvious and lovely choice.
LD, I''m so hurt by that comment!!
emcry.gif

You know if I could rose gold plate my house, I would.
emwink.gif
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Going against the flow here... I think pink diamonds look better in white gold! In the rose gold, I think they kind of get lost.
40.gif

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/6/2009 12:38:37 PM
Author: geckodani
Going against the flow here... I think pink diamonds look better in white gold! In the rose gold, I think they kind of get lost.
40.gif
That''s what makes the world go round!
Do you have a photo showing what you mean?
I''d love to see it as we''ve tried......

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 12:31:28 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 4/5/2009 6:44:22 PM
LD, I''m so hurt by that comment!!
emcry.gif

You know if I could rose gold plate my house, I would.
emwink.gif
9.gif
Soweeee TL hun! I really am not a fan and in fact the Leons posted above really don''t rock my world. The one that I could only just about live with is the platinum 5 stone ring - and even that I''m having trouble with!!!!

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone, I do love the Leon 5 stone ring and in that one the pinks look beautiful however in some of the others I don''t think they look quite so nice. I will have to wait and see I guess. It should be ready this week sometime, and when I pick it up I''ll get to see whether they''re really too pale against the white gold. Personally I love rose gold and I Have lots of pieces in rose, but as I don''t have a large centre diamond it seemed that white might be the best option to try to show it off. I will post pics when I have it. I don''t personally mind if the pinks are really obvious as they''re surprise diamonds anyway on the side of the setting, so really only I and anyone who looks closely are even going to know they''re there, and I''m fine with that. They are one for each of my two children. They are coming from Holloway Diamonds in Melbourne - I found a post on PS where Garry had a photo of hundreds of pink diamonds ... so hopefully I am lucky enough to be getting a couple of those!

Thanks again

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I wanted to add that my husband only likes REALLY plain engagement rings which has been very difficult as most of the rings I love for being unique and very sparkly, he does not like at all. A man of very simple taste, so I have been working with that complication!! Hence, another reason he prefers the pinks on white gold I think.

Thanks again

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 5:47:18 PM
Author: loveloveloveit
Oh, and I wanted to add that my husband only likes REALLY plain engagement rings which has been very difficult as most of the rings I love for being unique and very sparkly, he does not like at all. A man of very simple taste, so I have been working with that complication!! Hence, another reason he prefers the pinks on white gold I think.

Thanks again
Well, our philosophy around here is that the one who''ll be wearing the ring needs to to get what they love the most!

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I know! He says I need to have something I do love, but at the same time I''ve really found it hard to go away from what he originally chose for me in the design which was the plain Lucida but in a rose gold band with white gold setting. The setting wore through though so I had it remodelled, hated it and here we are today, me putting it back into ultimately the same design but hopefully better made and with a few slight modifications to make it more "me"!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I think this is a debate I can enter into as I have done a massive amount of research lately about pink stones in rose gold.

To comment specifically on LoveitLoveitLoveit''s query, I think that two small sidestones will likely be enhanced by rose gold in this case. I am attaching a picture of some pink sidestonesbezelled in rose gold. Sorry, don''t know if they are diamonds - sapphires I suspect.

My research led me to believe a number of things:

1. Very difficult to judge by photos alone
2. No two examples of rose gold are the same, which makes it difficult to decide on if you are shopping on-line.
3. Some pink diamonds are completely overwhelmed by some types of rose gold.

kite sides 03 beaudry ring at Pearlmans.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
The general issue of pink diamonds in rose gold more often occurs when it comes to halos. I have put together a montage of pink halos to demonstrate the comment I made in my previous post. Some pink diamonds look good in some shades of rose gold, but not all.

The montage contains examples of pink diamonds set in rose gold and white gold. In some cases the colour of the diamonds gets washed out, in others not.

I don''t think you can say pink diamonds in W/gold vs. R/gold is like comparing apples to apples.

Big conundrum, and would love to hear other people''s views.

Pink halo montage.jpg

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gailey, I actually love the first photo you posted the most which happens to be lightish pink on white gold ...

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so the rings have been collected although I haven''t seen them yet, but here''s a couple of pics. interested to know what you think of the pinks in white gold - i think as they''re quite light in colour the wg is probably the best option.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
and side view ...

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
another attempt

jrjremodel1.jpg

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
and again

jrjsideremodel1.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are lovely! Since they are surprise diamonds and not ment to really stand out a lot I think the white gold
works really well. Plus the pink color seems to be strong enough not to be washed out which I think is what you
have to worry about sometimes with pink diamonds in white gold.

The rings are beautiful - You should be very happy (as well as your conservative husband
4.gif
). Congrats on a beautiful
set (and of course MORE PICS when you get them!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results