shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Diamonds on eBay from lsgemcreations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dgsmithbechtel

Rough_Rock
Anyone heard of ths seller before, i''m after some small pinks for a wedding ring about 6 of 1.5mm in size, natural and untreated.

bearman49

Rough_Rock
Dan,

How much are they asking for the pinks. Natural pinks can be over $2000 per carat for nice ones.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 10/27/2004 8:10:24 PM bearman49 wrote:

Dan,

How much are they asking for the pinks. Natural pinks can be over $2000 per carat for nice ones.

----------------

Hi Bearman

You sure about the price of $2000???? I thought pinks were the rarest diamonds around and $2000 sounds too good to be true

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/27/2004 9:55:31 PM Sparkster wrote: I thought pinks were the rarest diamonds around and $2000 sounds too good to be true
----------------

Sure... but those are very small, And prices go down with size for anything.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
It was the statement of '$2000 per carat' that got me wondering. It didn't state '$2000 for small' That's why I thought it was too good to be true.

dgsmithbechtel

Rough_Rock
Prices do vary a lot, small low clarity can very inexpensive. Their offer is 0.23 CTS 5 STONES average weight is 5 points per stone and they measure 2.2 - 2.3mm in width. The buy now will be about 200-250 USD not sure about the exchange rate.

I think the price is right and clarity is si2-i1 which in a small stone like this is acceptable. What I don''t know is the vendor trustworthy. My experience with diamonds and ebay is to stay away and go somewhere more reputable. But there are some good guys out there on ebay too!

reena

Ideal_Rock
right, i took the $2000/carat quote to be for pink diamond melee. makes sense considering that, from what i know, white diamond melee generally runs about $750/carat.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2004 5:40:18 AM
Author: dgsmithbechtel

I think the price is right and clarity is si2-i1 which in a small stone like this is acceptable.
Hm.... the inclusions in a 1 carat SI2 are much smaller relative to the size of the stone than they are in a five pointer. I1 that small may be fuzzy indeed, not to mention that there is no one describing those grades but the seller. It is hard to avoind poorly shaped and badly included melee once there is a bit of color involved. If this is the case here - of course I can't know.

If the little stones are not matched for color and size this also makes the package cheaper, but much harder to find some use for use as well.

Just my 0.2, of course.

How about a link ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results