shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink diamond with strong blue flourescence?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I've found a pretty fancy light pink diamond I'm thinking of purchasing, but it has strong blue flourescence. What do you think? Will it affect the pink in a negative way? I've seen the stone in person and it is really a very pretty shade of pink with lots of sparkle, but it does glow blue under the jewelers blue light. Thoughts?

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
take it for a test run in all sorts of lighting. Inside lighting, outside lighting, mix of the two. If the stone doesn't fit your taste in any lighting than don't buy it.

Fluorescence only detracts if it alters the color of the stone in a negative way. It depends on the stone and your personal taste.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Davi, with fluor in FCDs you have to see it in sunlight and various lighting (which contains various levels of ultraviolet light which results in the blue glow) so determine if YOU think it makes it look better, worse or equally groovy.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thanks Davi and Kenny- I think today is the first day in 2 months we haven't had sunshine. I'll have to wait until next week to see it in sunlight. :confused:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it can make a big difference ............. or hardly at all!

Typically it may wash out the pink in strong sunlight OR it could look more purplish pink. Worst case is that it will wash out the colour. There's absolutely no way to predict what effect fluor has on FCDs - it's essential to see them in person!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results