shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink diamond prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kissingfish

Rough_Rock
Hi all..

Could someone please help me with this query..

I'm trying to see if the price I'm paying for my diamonds is a reasonable one.

I'm buying two pink argyle diamonds, 6p si1 of 10pt each.. (total of .20 ct).. Brilliant round cut..

The price I'm paying for them is $2200 Australian dollars (or 1,678.95 USD).

Could someone please let me know if these prices are reasonable?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
don't know but seems reasonable to me....have you searched online to see what per carat price is for other vendors? pink and red diamonds are the most expensive.

btw, i'd love to know your source.....i haven't given up the lust for a champagne diamond......or some smal ones clustered together.

movie zombie

Kissingfish

Rough_Rock
Hi there..

The guy from whom I''m buying the stone showed me his wholesaler''s price sheet which stated that per carat, the diamonds cost $10000 (Australian dollars)..

Which is rather hard to imagine that a 1ct pink diamond would only be $10000..

Maybe that''s not how it works.

In any case.. To answer your question, I''m in Melbourne, Australia.. I can certainly give you his details if you''re still interested.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
When I was buying wholesale, it normally meant that 1ct''s worth of xpt diamonds was worth $x.

eg: 1ct of 10pt diamonds = $1,500 therefore each 10pt diamond is worth $150 wholesale.

The price increases the bigger the stone as bigger = rarer. So a 1ct stone could be $5,000 wholesale whilst a 10pt stone is only $150.

Hope that makes sense.

dkodner

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello Kissingfish,

Reasonable is really a matter of opinion. In pink diamonds, it is very hard to give any opinion at all without seeing the stones. As with white diamonds, two diamonds of the same grades and look on paper can look very different in person. p6 is a light pink diamond. If they face up with just a light pink color, than $8500.00 pct. (US dollars) may be a little high, but if they face up nicely with a good pink tone that you like, than it may be worth every penny. Of course, making sure they are a good match is important too, and certainly you will pay more for two well matched stones then if they did not. If you like the guy you are dealing with and trust him, and he has good service and all of those things you cannot put a dollar value to, then the diamonds seem very reasonable. When you figure all of that into the equation, if you like these stones, than even if you could find them a few $100 cheaper, this may still be the best money spent. Remember, pinks are really very rare, even if you are in Australia, and every year they will get more and more scare and moe expensive (okay, that may be debatable.) Good luck and enjoy your pinks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results