shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Diamond advice?

luckielucylou

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody,
thanks for all you help so far in my search for a ring. I have looked at this ring with a pink colored stone. It's ct.. 52 with .20 on the sides. Its I1. In platinum.
They are looking for approx 4500 $.
Is this too expensive so an i1 stone. I really like it but dont want to pay over the odds.
i have added a photo I hpoe it helps. Thanks to all :appl:

プラチナダイヤモンドリング 0.523ct FLOP I1.jpeg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luckielucylou|1307888401|2944006 said:
Hi everybody,
thanks for all you help so far in my search for a ring. I have looked at this ring with a pink colored stone. It's ct.. 52 with .20 on the sides. Its I1. In platinum.
They are looking for approx 4500 $.
Is this too expensive so an i1 stone. I really like it but dont want to pay over the odds.
i have added a photo I hpoe it helps. Thanks to all :appl:

The pink looks to be very brown and very faint, which would make the stone not very expensive. I think you are really taking your chances, as if it were a really inexpensive and nice pink diamond, it would go for much more. No one is going to let a really nice half carat pink diamond go away for peanuts, and $4500 is peanuts on a half carat pink diamond. Now if it's very faint or has brown in it, that's a different story, and you're not going to hit the jackpot anyways.

luckielucylou

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your advice, I suppose its is faint, but to my untrained eye still more pink than brown. It is stunning on my hand, but I don't want to get blinded by the look either.
Here is another image.

プラチナダイヤモンドリング 0.523ct FLOP I1-1.jpeg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, the photos are way too small to see any thing, let alone color.

luckielucylou

Rough_Rock
I know, sorry, It is graded as FLOP. Thanks for you help. :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grading is meaningless unless the lab is reputable.
GIA is the lab you want for Fancy Colored Diamonds.

Many other labs lie and sellers love these labs and customers are getting snowed.
Shocking but true.

Find out the name of the lab that graded this and let us know.
I can ask some people I know and respect when it comes to FCD grading what their opinion is of that lab.

FLOP may stand for Fancy Light Orange Pink.
Pics are not reliable but I see more gray and brown than orange in that first pic.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the price, it doesn't look attractive. And for that price, it'd better come with a GIA lab memo.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have evidence that this is a natural untreated pink diamond? It looks like it MAY have been treated and that makes a world of difference.

luckielucylou

Rough_Rock
Hi, so I have been back,
It is natural. Fancy Light Orange Pink.
I1.
Table size 65%
Total depth65.5.
Girdle is slightly thick -very thick.
Good polish
symmetry fair. Medium blue Fluorecence.

I am not so sure as i can see a fleck of carbon in in???
You think its a miss??? Throwing good money over bad?? It's just very pretty to me. :cry:

On the up side :appl: I did see a very Nice round cut .50 with.20 baguette sides in Platinum. Priced $3000
VS2
Colour D.
Cut very good
polish very good
symmetry very good
Girdle v.thin-medium.
No Fluorecence

Both stones have been graded by The Japanese CENTRAL GEM LABORATORY.

Thank you all for your help and advice.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really really not a professional in any way. Super novice actually...

But in that price range, and if you really want a half carat pink diamond, you would never be able to approach an excellent pink stone, much less mounted in a ring. At least from my own research.

For me, between these two rings, i would personally purchase the pink ring. I believe it has much more character than the colourless diamond.

I'll let the others leave more meaningful comments on the value of the gem. I just feel it is quite pretty. Perhaps the more experienced people can point you towards a GIA graded brownish pink or pinkish brown that would have better coloration and value?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luckielucylou|1308059501|2945513 said:
Both stones have been graded by The Japanese CENTRAL GEM LABORATORY.

I have been told that this lab is not well known but that AGT lab in Japan is acceptable for grading FCDs.
Argyle pinks will sometimes come with grading reports from AGT.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results