shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink/brown diamond that's not fancy colored!

Najo

Rough_Rock
Nobody? :(

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
A J-coloured diamond is considered near colourless. I think you probably wouldn't notice any tint, but maybe someone with more experience can confirm this. In the past, I've seen many posts where people say their J,K and even lower diamonds look quite white.

Hard to judge a diamond's colour from a photo, on a computer screen too, so you probably can't look for a stone based on the James Allen photo you've seen.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It does look like it has a bit of a tint to it. I've definitely seen colors around K that can have some color, but they're usually noted on the report- like "K, light brown" or something like that.

I'd check with Diamonds by Lauren- they carry lots of interesting colors from the lower end of the alphabet.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Another thought. Maybe check out the Cape Diamonds at Brian Gavin Diamonds.

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
The body color of most diamonds goes to yellow as you go down in color, but some have a body tint of brown or gray. I think that's what you're seeing here. It's going to brown/gray instead of yellow.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a pretty stone...I want you to buy something like it and come back and tell us what you think about the tint! :bigsmile:

Is it visible or no? Perhaps a white halo in rose gold would make it more obvious.

Najo

Rough_Rock
Me too! I want help finding one I can buy so I can show you ;-)

I was actually thinking about a rose gold halo!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
I love your idea of finding a brown-tinted stone to halo with rose gold! Try and stick to the "cooler" browns, instead of the ones with more yellow in them (i.e., I'd prefer the color of 1009651 over 849981) but the "hall of mirrors"/"crushed ice" effect of 1009651 isn't to my tastes -- although it might magnify the face-up color more!

As a note, I think the color-tone notes on diamond certificates (i.e., "K, faint brown") don't start until you get to K color or lower. An I-colored diamond won't have a color tone described on the cert. Regardless, I've certainly come across brown- or grey-tinted diamonds on James Allen where the cert didn't mention it but it was visible on their video.

I kind of like this one -- http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/0.52-carat-j-color-vs2-clarity-sku-1012604 -- for balance between pretty cut and brown/grey color, although it might be a little too grey-brown. Truly pink-brown, or peach like that diamond you initially linked to, is unusual since most of them have been sent for grading as fancy colored diamonds and have price tags to match!

JA also has a reasonable variety of fancy-colored diamonds (search under brown) though they might be darker/more strongly tinted than you want, or more expensive. For example, http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/fancy-color/brown/round-cut/0.52-carat-si2-clarity-sku-888361 is a round that has the peach undertone I think you're looking for, but it's almost $1500.

Good luck! :wavey:

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
grateful4life said:
The body color of most diamonds goes to yellow as you go down in color, but some have a body tint of brown or gray. I think that's what you're seeing here. It's going to brown/gray instead of yellow.
If it's gray you don't get a letter grade in certificate. K level gray would be noted as Faint Gray only without a letter grade. On the other hand brown gets a colour comment like faint brown, light brown.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just found this stone that looks interesting. You would have to ask David about the color and inclusions. It's probably more
money then you want to spend though, but it is a larger stone...$1695, oh and its not graded but they will send it off for you.
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-brown-diamond-101ct-fancy-light-brown-yellow-i1-round-brilliant-diamond-r7075

There is also this one but it may be too much brown/yellow and not enough pinky-peach.
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-brown-diamond-102ct-fancy-yellow-brown-vs1-cushion-cut-diamond-r7074

Najo

Rough_Rock
I'm so thankful for all your advice! I'm considering a few from JA but I'm waiting for images.
Will contact diamondsbylauren as well to see what they say! :)

My budget is around 1500. Max 2000 but I'd be pleased to end up at 1500 or below ;-)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Najo

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1460840729|4020161 said:

And compared to the other 2 you posted (diamondsbylaurenk) which one would you prefer?
I really like the round brilliant (even though that was not the shape I was looking for) but what if it's not that well cut with a nice sparkle? :eh:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Najo|1460873831|4020326 said:

And compared to the other 2 you posted (diamondsbylaurenk) which one would you prefer?
I really like the round brilliant (even though that was not the shape I was looking for) but what if it's not that well cut with a nice sparkle? :eh:

I would call David and talk to him about the stone. Ask for some pictures on a white background...not blasted with light...just normal
lighting. Ask him if he can do a video. Not sure if he does video. I really like the size on the round and the color looks nice in
the photos but I think it's got a big feather (some kind of inclusion) up near the top tweezer. Not sure what your tolerance for that
is or how you plan on setting it.

Najo

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1460904739|4020413 said:
Najo|1460873831|4020326 said:

I would call David and talk to him about the stone. Ask for some pictures on a white background...not blasted with light...just normal
lighting. Ask him if he can do a video. Not sure if he does video. I really like the size on the round and the color looks nice in
the photos but I think it's got a big feather (some kind of inclusion) up near the top tweezer. Not sure what your tolerance for that
is or how you plan on setting it.

Video :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dwSxCIwamTo

What do you say?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a very pretty stone, but it looks more yellow brown than cool toned pink brown on my iPad.

Najo

Rough_Rock
PintoBean|1461023590|4020933 said:
It's a very pretty stone, but it looks more yellow brown than cool toned pink brown on my iPad.

Yes that's my thought also :(

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
I remember goodoldgold making a video on diamond body color.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YizGfSIisJE

I see they have two August Vintage Rounds in your budget (0.73 ct and 0.75 ct) - you could ask if they or any other stones have the Pink/Brown body color?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That round certainly has a lot more brown then the pictures. I was seeing more brown/peach on my screen. Still a pretty stone but I don't think it's the color you want...missing that pinky tone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results