shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
How about an option where the poster can decide if the pics they upload are:

PUBLIC- everyone browsing PS can view
PRIVATE- only those logged into PS can view

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
FANTASTIC idea!

Also, would be nice to be able to use sights like Photobucket...

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I think this is a great idea too. Websleuths has a system whereby you have to have a certain amount of tenure (number of posts probably) before you can see pictures.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or even just making people register before they can view pictures...

audball

Ideal_Rock
I think this is a great idea! I would be much more comfortable posting photos of myself if I knew only members could see them.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 5:20:41 PM
Author: neatfreak
Or even just making people register before they can view pictures...
I like this idea a lot
36.gif
!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I like this idea too.

I''m a somewhat of a paranoid poster, so having an option like this would make me feel more comfortable posting pictures.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 12:29:22 PM
Author: Miscka
FANTASTIC idea!

Also, would be nice to be able to use sights like Photobucket...
I like having the pics hosted here. We don''t have many big "X''s" when photos get deleted for that reason. Makes doing research for something where you need pics a lot easier.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea!

tulips

Shiny_Rock
Hi
Miscka

I love your picture showing the stone... wow.. is it your diamond?

36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that hiding pictures would be against the very thing that PS stands for, educating consumers.
The idea behind allowing pictures in the first place is education not vanity.
Anyone can get an account here so requiring a log in will not keep them private but would harm the intent of the forum for other images.
When I am surfing and come across a new board and I see a thread you have to see this new widget and I click the link and the image is hidden I leave and never come back.
It is not worth the time or hassle to register and I feel they do not welcome new people, I always browse a board for a while to see if I will fit in before joining.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/4/2009 12:24:59 PM
Author: strmrdr
I think that hiding pictures would be against the very thing that PS stands for, educating consumers.

Karl -- that was my first thought as well.

However, people post pictures of many things besides their diamonds and jewelry. Perhaps the restriction could apply to the Cafe and Wedding/proposal forums, and not to the diamond forums?

I agree though that these types of restrictions provide only the semblance of protection...

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 11:20:04 AM
Author: tulips
Hi

Miscka

I love your picture showing the stone... wow.. is it your diamond?

36.gif
Hi, tulips, thanks! It is, there is a thread around here somewhere on it. If you search my old topics it should be recent.

Good point re:photobucket. I was just looking at some old old threads where the pics were broken and it was highly annoying.

It would be nice if we could choose the pics to be private vs public on an individual basis. I do not mind my ring pics being public, but my wedding pics make me nervous. Same with people and their kids. Would be nice.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I agree that it would be a good idea to allow posters to choose the privacy level for their pictures in forums other than Rockly Talky and SMTR.

I can see where it doesn''t make sense to hide photos in RT or SMTR, but the photos that are often posted on other forums (i.e. FHH) aren''t typically of educational value; they''re mostly of social value and often more personal in content nature, so I''d agree there is a need for privacy options in those.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 3:43:21 PM
Author: Allison D.
I agree that it would be a good idea to allow posters to choose the privacy level for their pictures in forums other than Rockly Talky and SMTR.

I can see where it doesn''t make sense to hide photos in RT or SMTR, but the photos that are often posted on other forums (i.e. FHH) aren''t typically of educational value; they''re mostly of social value and often more personal in content nature, so I''d agree there is a need for privacy options in those.
Ditto

This was my thought when I submitted this suggestion.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Another ditto. I think it''s a great idea. We would still have the pics to educate the public, but we may be comfortable posting our personal photos in other forums if we had a privacy option.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is a great idea. I have been on another forum where unregistered people can only view certain topics/forums, but to see the rest you have to register. Maybe that would be a good way of maintaining the educational aspect, but some of the more private stuff can be by registration/posting only?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results