shape
carat
color
clarity

pictures of the two princess cuts that I need help with

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FionaH

Rough_Rock
Hi Experts

I couldn't attach the pictures of the the stones detailed in my posting earlier today, but I mailed them to pricescope.com address. Could you have a look at them and answer the queries detailed in my earlier posting today.

Thanks

FionaH

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
the file was huge I resized it :)

2diamonds.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Go to www.ideal-scope.com and click the lower left "Fancy shaped diamonds"
http://www.ideal-scope.com/fancy.asp
It is very hard to help you from the pic - even though it is a good shot.
I think the stone on the left leaks more and has less scintillation.

FionaH

Rough_Rock
Hi Cut Nut

Did you see that I posted the measurements to both the stones on my previous posting earlier today? Taking this info into account as well as the way the photos look, do you still think that the left hand stone leaks more light and has less scintillation?

Thanks

Fiona:wavey:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I do not know how to pick fancies by numbers. (btw never start a new thread - keep it all together - i do not have time to go from 1 to the other.
I use the ideal-scope to make these decisions. Full stop.

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
Garry,

Are you basing the leaks more on the lower amount of black reflected from the front in the left hand one?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No the black is camera lens reflection James.
The dull deadish areas are probably leakage, but it is a gut thing, not a certainty.
By using the Idealscope all the time I now do not even bother trying to assess the leakage with a loupe. I just get lazy.
I would never buy a diamond without it.
BTW Christian has worked out the best lighting method - a foolscap sheet of paper taped and hanging in front of a desk lamp.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results