shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures Of My Pear Sidestones For My Custom Setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ICAA

Rough_Rock

I got my matching pair of pears for my custom design. Renderings here.

24 points each
E colour
VS1 clarity
LTW: 1.58 (5.2 x 3.3)
Depth: 63.6%
Table: 59%

Pears were a lot more difficult to photograph due to their smaller size and their unusual shape. The Ideal-Scope images were really hard because they would not sit level in the light tray thing. So, I had to put a piece of white paper over top and poke two small holes for the pears to sit in. Unfortunately, I don''t think they were square to the camera and the reduced light led to poorer than actual results on the Ideal-Scope. These pears exhibit some bowtie effect but when viewed with the naked eye (as opposed to macro camera lens) it is not significant.

For anyone shopping for a matched set of pears, if they are around 25 points, they are a real challenge to find in a 60/60 depth/table combination or something close to it so be patient! Don''t compromise on what you want!

Pear_Compilation.JPG

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
They look very well matched, ICAA. That''s not easy for sure. The l/w ratio is perfect IMO, great color, and very clear. I''m looking forward to seeing the ring when it''s complete.

DiamondLil

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
They are soooo pretty! I love pears.
18.gif
My dream upgrade setting will have pears to flank my already existing round.

Off topic: You''re Canadian. I''m just curious about where you''re from?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I''m just an addict here- I cant'' get enough of pics of unmounted stones.

Cool.
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
26.gif

Nihiladrem

Rough_Rock
Those are gorgeous, I have just recently began to be intrested in pears (my FI really likes them and got me looking). It is wonderful to see your results of your search, good job.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, they look amazing. Very well matched which isn''t always easy. I have pears as side stones too. Good Job!!
36.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!!!
30.gif
You REALLY didn''t have to wait long to find your "pair of pears" did you? Congrats!

Any chance you could swing a pic of all 3 loose stones together? This ring is going to be amazing - what a good boyfriend you are!!!

ICAA

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/15/2005 9:20:56 AM
Author: Daniela

Off topic: You''re Canadian. I''m just curious about where you''re from?
I am indeed Canadian. I reside in Edmonton.

ICAA

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/15/2005 1:46:57 PM
Author: JCJD
Beautiful!!!!
30.gif
You REALLY didn''t have to wait long to find your ''pair of pears'' did you? Congrats!
Actually, its been about two weeks finding ones that were within the range of specs that I wanted. These were a little deep but that is life. The reality is they are still nice sparkly pears. To me, the symmetry was extremely important. I just picked them up last night and am taking them back today so they can be shipped off with my centre stone. Then it should take 2-3 weeks for the ring to be completed.

ICAA

Rough_Rock

Any chance you could swing a pic of all 3 loose stones together? This ring is going to be amazing - what a good boyfriend you are!!!
Actually, the centre stone is with the jeweller right now so no pic of the three loose. Sorry!

I will certainly post pictures of the ring once it has been made.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2005 2:17:33 PM
Author: ICAA

Beautiful!!!!
30.gif
You REALLY didn't have to wait long to find your 'pair of pears' did you? Congrats!

Actually, its been about two weeks finding ones that were within the range of specs that I wanted. These were a little deep but that is life. The reality is they are still nice sparkly pears. To me, the symmetry was extremely important. I just picked them up last night and am taking them back today so they can be shipped off with my centre stone. Then it should take 2-3 weeks for the ring to be completed.

If there's one thing I have learned about buying diamonds, it is that you can't always trust the numbers and have to look at the stone in person, especially fancies!! You did a wonderful job with these two pears! The pictures look awesome!

I want to add that I tend to like the "fatter" pears, but your two are scrumptious!! Great proportions IMO!

ETA - Thanks for your last post - I was just wondering about the size differences between your rb and these pears.
1.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you went through finding your pair of pears. I recently purchased two .30 E colored pears for earrings now and my 3 stone pear sapphire and diamond ring one day down the road. I found that buying two separate GIA/EGL-USA graded stones was half the price of buying uncertified matched pairs from matched stone supplier. Go figure. It took a lot of looking to get the pair to match in size and color. Yours are really pretty and I''m looking forward to seeing the completed ring.

ICAA

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/15/2005 2:24:42 PM

If there''s one thing I have learned about buying diamonds, it is that you can''t always trust the numbers and have to look at the stone in person, especially fancies!! You did a wonderful job with these two pears! The pictures look awesome!

I want to add that I tend to like the ''fatter'' pears, but your two are scrumptious!! Great proportions IMO!

ETA - Thanks for your last post - I was just wondering about the size differences between your rb and these pears.
1.gif
The actual dimensions of each are as follows:

Centre Stone: 6.45 x 6.5 x 3.94
Sidestones: 5.2 x 3.3

I drew it out on paper to get a feel for how it would look in real life. Heh. I''m a geek.
34.gif

ICAA

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/15/2005 3:50:13 PM
Author: pearcrazy
I know what you went through finding your pair of pears. I recently purchased two .30 E colored pears for earrings now and my 3 stone pear sapphire and diamond ring one day down the road. I found that buying two separate GIA/EGL-USA graded stones was half the price of buying uncertified matched pairs from matched stone supplier. Go figure. It took a lot of looking to get the pair to match in size and color. Yours are really pretty and I''m looking forward to seeing the completed ring.
I was pretty fortunate to have a jeweller who prides himself on being able to find and deliver on whatever a consumer wants at a fair price.

Did I pay a little more than I would of liked? Yes, but I also wanted something very specific. It has worked out well so far even though it has taken some time. I started my quest back at the end of December. With a 2-3 week wait for the ring to be hand crafted (no casting here!) it should be the last week of February/first week of March.

Now to relax and let the jeweller work his magic ... yeah, like I can not think about it!
32.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
That is one stunning pair of pears!! I can''t wait to see the finished product!
9.gif

ICAA

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/16/2005 12:55:23 AM
Author: Kaili
That is one stunning pair of pears!! I can''t wait to see the finished product!
9.gif
What I like the most about the pears, well the couple things I like the most, are the proportions being well matched and the colour being so white. They will match up well with my F colour centre stone.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results