shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my new diamond earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Here are pictures of my new diamond earrings that I just picked up today. I bought both stones from Dirt Cheap Diamonds. The settings are platinum basket settings with screw backs that were done at a local manufacturer named Quest.

The diamonds and setting together cost me about $2750 and that even includes my bank charge for having the money wired to DCD.

Here are the specs on the diamonds

Carat 0.590 0.597
Color H H
Clarity SI1 SI1
Depth 60.9 61.0
Table 55 55
Crown ang 34.4 34.3
Pav ang 41 41
Girdle polished .7-1.3% faceted .7-1.3%
Polish Excellent Excellent
Symmetry Ideal Ideal
Proportions Ideal Ideal
Dimensions 5.46x5.49x3.33 5.45x5.48x3.33
Fluorescence Negligible Negligible
Comments H&A

earrings2.jpg

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Here is another one. Since I have a crappy digital camera for taking close ups, the pictures are not the greatest. I will try to get better pictures from the appraiser when I bring the earrings back to him on Saturday.

earrings1.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diamondnovice:

I have heard good things about Jim Shultz. I am glad you are pleased with your purchased. First time I have seen pictures of earrings posted. Both look to be exceptional beauties. Wow...I bet your just thrilled. Nice numbers on the stones too..Good work....

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
9.gif

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies. It took me several months to find just the right two diamonds within my price range. Waiting for the "perfect" diamonds was definitely the right choice because in the end, I spent $800 less than I was willing to spend.

I am also attaching the pictures taken by Martin Fuller. Definitely better quality than my pictures.
1.gif

new earrings collage.JPG

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
I am also posting pictures of the earrings that I was replacing. I was replacing them because I wanted a better cut and clarity (i.e. more sparkle). They are set in 14K white gold (which looks yellow compared to the platinum) with la pousette backs. These earrings have the following specs:

Carat 0.58 0.59
Color H H
Clarity SI2 SI3/I1
Depth 59.5 59.0
Table 65 56
Girdle thin-SThick,frosted medium-thick, faceted
Polish Good very good
Symmetry Good very good
Dimensions 5.37x5.39x3.2 5.42x5.43x3.2
Fluorescence None None

I think the new ones look much better.
10.gif

old earrings collage.JPG

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Diamondnovice, very nice earrings and pics too. I had a question for you about one of your old diamond earrings. The one with 59% depth and 56%table, those are so close to ideal proportions I was wondering if going by those specs alone, does that particular diamond perform anywhere close to one of your new diamonds when holding them side by side? Just curious.
read.gif

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Tony -

Because the better cut diamond is an I1 (with a white inclusion), it doesn't sparkle like it should. When I look at it through the idealscope, the diamond looks great (even shows arrows
1.gif
) except for a white spot which is where the major inclusion is located. The large tabled diamond, as I would have expected, has a lot of light leakage under the table when viewed with the idealscope.

When I got the diamonds appraised by Martin Fuller, I told him that I thought one of the diamonds had a poor cut and the other had pretty good cut but the inclusion was diminishing its brilliance. After he assessed the diamonds, he said that he agreed with me. Maybe I should get into the diamond business.
tongue.gif

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/26/2003 8:33:29 PM diamondnovice wrote:

Tony -

When I got the diamonds appraised by Martin Fuller, I told him that one of the diamonds had a poor cut and the other had pretty good cut but the inclusion was diminishing its brilliance. After he assessed the diamonds, he said that he agreed with me. Maybe I should get into the diamond business.
tongue.gif

----------------
Thanks for answering and I agree, you should go into the biz.
appl.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Gorgeous studs, and I'm just blown away by the price too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results