shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my little 3 stone rings. Tanzanite and Sapphire.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the story between these rings and the pendent. Both were gifts from my mother. The tanzanite was purchased in St.Thomas at my sister''s wedding. The sapphire was given to me 3 years later at my own wedding. What cracks me up is that even though they were purchased 3 years apart from completely different sources - they are almost identical. Right down to the design of the shank and the 4 small channel set diamonds in each one. LOL. My mother apparently really likes this style of ring!
9.gif

matchymatchy.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

tanshand1.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
With the matching pendent.

tanspenring1.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, geckodani, and how funny that they are almost the same ring!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh pretty pretty Dani!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks CatMom and Monkeypie!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVELY!! You didn''t know you were going to have twins?? LOL! The necklace is gorgeous too!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 11:22:33 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
LOVELY!! You didn''t know you were going to have twins?? LOL! The necklace is gorgeous too!
LOL. I about died when I saw the sapphire. I still don''t know how she managed it!!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
very pretty!! love the sapphires!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
The Tanzanite is so pretty!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. It''s amazing they look so much alike.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 8:10:07 AM
Author:geckodani
Here''s the story between these rings and the pendent. Both were gifts from my mother. The tanzanite was purchased in St.Thomas at my sister''s wedding. The sapphire was given to me 3 years later at my own wedding. What cracks me up is that even though they were purchased 3 years apart from completely different sources - they are almost identical. Right down to the design of the shank and the 4 small channel set diamonds in each one. LOL. My mother apparently really likes this style of ring!
9.gif
Surely to goodness she''s got some matching earrings somewhere, no?

Really nice. Funny how they are so similar!

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks somehowcollide and marcy!

Date: 8/13/2008 8:58:13 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 8/13/2008 8:10:07 AM
Author:geckodani
9.gif
Surely to goodness she''s got some matching earrings somewhere, no?

Really nice. Funny how they are so similar!

LS
LOL! Hmmm. Now there''s a thought!
9.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Funny! I''m by no means an expert, but I think these could easily be turned into a single ring just by joining the shanks into one
9.gif
In that case, switching centre stones might be interesting, so you''d get a double row 3 stone ring with altering shades of blue
31.gif

OK let''s get serious, if you ever think of making some adjustments to either of them, I''d suggest getting a yellow gold setting for a sapphire ring, just to ease the contrast of those deep, dark blue stones to white metal - unless you really love strong contrasts. I think the stones might even seem more blue that way. That''s off course, just my modest opinion, and they''re both nice just as they are
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 11:36:22 AM
Author: ma re
Funny! I''m by no means an expert, but I think these could easily be turned into a single ring just by joining the shanks into one
9.gif
In that case, switching centre stones might be interesting, so you''d get a double row 3 stone ring with altering shades of blue
31.gif

OK let''s get serious, if you ever think of making some adjustments to either of them, I''d suggest getting a yellow gold setting for a sapphire ring, just to ease the contrast of those deep, dark blue stones to white metal - unless you really love strong contrasts. I think the stones might even seem more blue that way. That''s off course, just my modest opinion, and they''re both nice just as they are
2.gif
I had thought of making them into one ring. But I adore the tanzanite.
1.gif

I''m also not a fan of yellow gold, LOL! Not on me anyway. Looks great on others! My skin has too much yellow to pull it off.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 12:00:50 PM
Author: geckodani

Date: 8/14/2008 11:36:22 AM
9.gif
31.gif

2.gif
I had thought of making them into one ring. But I adore the tanzanite.
1.gif

I''m also not a fan of yellow gold, LOL! Not on me anyway. Looks great on others! My skin has too much yellow to pull it off.

I''m the same when it comes to yellow gold - like it a lot, but don''t exactly like how it looks on me. Anyway, if you''re against yellow gold, you can always replace those white diamonds with canary yellows - it would do the same trick and maybe even make the ring a bit more interesting.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful sets. I really like the tanzanite ring and pendant.

Linda

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Linda!

ma re - Yeah. I''m not completely crazy about the Sapphire one. I think that someday I''ll replace the center stone with something else, just for fun.
1.gif
It actually has a scratch on it, so that wouldn''t be too much of a stretch to justify it. It''s also set a bit higher then the tanzanite, which drives me slightly batty, LOL. I wear the tanzanite more often then the sapphire.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!
35.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
They''re both beautiful but I especially like the tanzanite one! It''s so delicate and elegant!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 12:20:39 PM

...you can always replace those white diamonds with canary yellows - it would do the same trick and maybe even make the ring a bit more interesting.

What a great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results