shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of H- I-J Color Stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
Please share your pics of H-I-J color stones! Here''s a few things I was thinking about...I attched a picture of a lovely Asscher solitaire even though I''m still thinking about bezels. If I went the way of the bezel I could probably get away with more color, correct? But as long as the center stone faces up white I could get it set into a solitaire? Definetly white gold or platinum for the solitaire.

I don''t have good "eyes" to distinguish between the different colors. So maybe that''s a blessing in disguise. I could get a larger and cleaner stone as long as I''m willing to sacrafice a bit on color.

I''d love to see any pics of stones within the H-I-J range. Thanks!

asscherring.jpeg

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Mine is an H set in platinum. It''s never looked anything less than white to me... unless I turn it sideways and place it beside a D/E/F.

In the "J stones set in platinum?" thread, there are many, many beautiful H-Js and even a K or two that look very white, even when mounted in an open white metal, setting.

I think it depends on your eyes and how sensitive to color you are.

HTH!

ringsoffsun.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Northstar,

My center stone is a J. It is set in a white gold head. I''m sorry this isn''t a better pic. My center stone faces up pretty white although in certain light there is a slight warmth. Many people have J and k stones set in platinum and they look wonderful.

catmomsrings.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the link to Mara''s thread with tons of pics of rings with J stones

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
rb(same diamond in both settings) in the pics is a GIA J, 1.08ct. the ring guard has I colored marquises (acc''d to Fay Cullen description)

oldset.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
This is my "I" stone. I can detect a bit of yellow/warmth from the side.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Bluedawg,

Your rings are gorgeous! I was wondering how many pointers are the diamonds in your eternity band?

Thank you,

Lori
21.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''d caution you that considering how ideally cut RB H stones look isn''t necessarily representative of how you can expect to see color in an asscher.

Asschers are step-cut; they are a totally different animal than a round brilliant. They aren''t cut to be "sparkly". As such, it''s not really an apples-to-apples, meaningful comparison to look at a bunch of H-I-J round brilliant, ideally cut stones and expect the color visibility/masking to translate the same way to an asscher.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/12/2005 6
6.gif
8:28 PM
Author: yellowfan
Hi Bluedawg,

Your rings are gorgeous! I was wondering how many pointers are the diamonds in your eternity band?

Thank you,

Lori
21.gif
Thanks, Lori. The e-band has 4-pointers; my ring is a size 4 and 0.92 ctw (the size 6 would be 1.00ctw).
1.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an "E" colored emerald cut...I know you''re looking for H-I-J colored, but since this is a step-cut stone, like your coveted Asscher, you''ll be able to have something to compare to...

Hope this helps as others post their step-cuts too!

RingEC.jpg

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/12/2005 6:55:51 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna
Here is an ''E'' colored emerald cut...I know you''re looking for H-I-J colored, but since this is a step-cut stone, like your coveted Asscher, you''ll be able to have something to compare to...

Hope this helps as others post their step-cuts too!
Hey Chi-O, I drool over your new e-ring every time I see it.
30.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2005 7
6.gif
6:10 PM
Author: bluedawg

30.gif

Bluedawg...

Thanks! I really need to take some pix of the rings in the sunlight!! Prisms everywhere!!

PS... it''s A-Chi-O, not Chi-O (they''re my rival sorority! LOL
2.gif
2.gif
)

Just giving you a hard time!!! LOL

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
I hear ya loud and clear! The first ring I fell in love with was a HUGE cushion and the jeweler told me that a cushion cut is the kind that "glows" in the candelight. I understand that Asschers won''t "pop" like rounds and that''s fine with me. I kind of like that.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/12/2005 7:37:20 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna

Date: 4/12/2005 7
6.gif
6:10 PM
Author: bluedawg

30.gif

Bluedawg...

Thanks! I really need to take some pix of the rings in the sunlight!! Prisms everywhere!!

PS... it''s A-Chi-O, not Chi-O (they''re my rival sorority! LOL
2.gif
2.gif
)

Just giving you a hard time!!! LOL
Oops, sorry! I was a GDI myself, but with lots of Greek friends... so I understand the major boo-boo I made. I read your username as "A Chi-O Alumna"
41.gif

I would love to see more pics of your EC

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
EDITTED TO ADD: PLEASE DO NOT USE MY PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

My 1.77 ct. I colored asscher:

whiteflash1.jpg

dietvanillacoke

Rough_Rock
i''ve got a 1.2C GIA J, and here are some pictures. however, i want to warn you taht some of these will look yellow solely because of the light that it was taken under. here''s my advice: for me, i wanted a bigger stone in terms of carat weight. so my fiance decided to go with a GIA certed J (which might equate to a higher color for EGL or other certs, since GIA tends to be stricter with color, this is debateable) that had med. blue flouresence that counteracts with the yellow. what it comes down to is this: in terms of color, when i''m under flourescent lighting, it is pure white and sparkle and flashes of rainbows. under other lighting it can appear yellow. but the only time i''ve ever REALLY noticed any tint of color is when i compared the stone to my CZ earrings.

IMGP1887-vi.jpg

IMGP2205-vi.jpg

IMGP0944-vi.jpg

IMGP1063-vi.jpg

that last picture was actually taken in the light of an orange sunset so it looks practically orange. just wanted to show off my arrows.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results