shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of FIVE and SEVEN stone rings please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am trying to figure out what the heck I want to do for my wedding ring and came up with the idea today that I could do something like a 5 or 7 stone ring with ACA melee.

I am having a hard time finding pictures of these out there in Pscope though I know I have seen posts of them before. Search function is just really not working for me.

Anyway, if you have a 5 or 7 stone ring or a picture, please post it. Then I will try to get someone good with Photoshop to take one of my hand w/ring pictures and add the 5/7 rings on in a virtual manner (Tim are you still out there?!), and then I''ll create a POLL and get people''s opinions on what I should do, what would look best.

This is the plan anyway. Lets see if it works.
2.gif

Thanks!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why aren't you doing stones all the way around like your wedding band? Personally, I'd make it a nice set with matching rings. . .then get a five or seven stone band for your right hand if your aching for an ACA ring (like we all are
1.gif
lol

Michelle

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara...Vatche makes a 5 stone truffle...here is a pic of one that is .50 tcw...they make them smaller...

I just don't see it wiht your e-ring though

I saw a woman who had a Vatche-esque 3stone truffle...with the actual Vatche 5 stone (@1ctw)...it was toooooooo much...

Vatche 5stone .50ctw.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michelle..I just don't know. I am so stuck. Greg of course wants me to get the matching ring, he really likes the look. But I am tempted to get something with larger stones. Something more bling bling. Hee Hee. I would get TWO pave type bands if I could but I fear that custom the job would be way too much $$. So I thought well maybe a small .10c 5 or 7 stone ring would compliment my ring and not be too gaudy, but visible. I wish I could see it on my hand. I may go into a few B&M's to get the idea. I would definitely want something low profile. The Vatches are too fancy for me.

I have too many options--that's the problem! Poor Lesley, I keep emailing her asking about 10 different ideas..she is probably ready to throttle me already.
9.gif

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
We got a twin pave wedding band...(eng ring in the center) We havent actually gone to the jeweler's yet because it's not finished...but when it is, i'll upload a picture. Probably sometime Saturday.

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
from WF

7 A Cut Above Diamond Band by Le xyzxyz.jpg

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
from Bluenile

wedding band xyzxyz.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mara,
I think you should get the matching band for your e-ring. I really think you will be happier with it. You can always get a second matching band at a later time. Say, 1st year anniversary.
As far as a 5 or seven stone band, that you can always get at a later anniversary also.
I have attached a picture of the Ritani endless love eternity bands. I think they are 1.5 to 2mm. wide. This would look nice on either side of your engagement ring and would be serious bling-bling!!! They are a little thinner than your e-ring, but I remember you once posted a picture of Michael B.(I think) rings and the wedding band was thinner than the e-ring.
The price I was quoted was $1300 for one.

ritani next to el band.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, Mara, another vote here for the matching ring. I'm boring, so I really like things to match!

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mara,

I seem to be agreeing with Hest88 all day today! I also agree that a thin matching band would be stunning with your ring. The end goal could be two, one above and one below. I think the five or seven stone might compete with your e-ring. I have a 1 ct. five stone band and will try to post pictures. I told tomatoe I'd post pictures of my set awhile ago, but I can't get them to be clear!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm yes I know...funny we were at lunch and I saw this woman right next to us who had a similar e-ring to mine and a matching band. Maybe it was an omen.
2.gif
Her set looked really lovely.

Kayla, I love the Ritani look--but don't know if I can convince the better half to abandon a truly matching set for something that looks similar like the Ritani...but isn't exactly the same thing.

Wonder if it would look odd if my ring was prong set and I got two thinner pave...hmm.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a five diamond band. Each stone is .25 carats. The e-ring is 2.5 carats, I think. This is Playboychick's ring, from DT.

rings05.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is my wedding band, 7 diamonds, .08 carats each.

107_0797.JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a 10 diamond shared prong wedding band, don't know the size of the diamonds.

sparklepattern_timelessband (2).jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a custom 5 diamond band from Whiteflash made with ACA diamonds. Each one is 10 points.

Janelle

Rough_Rock
Here is my 7 stone band (it is just like Kayla's, I believe).

my set.jpg

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Mara,

Your engagement ring would look beautiful with a five or seven stone ACA band. If I remember correctly, your little side stones are set with tiny prongs anyway, aren't they? I think it would look fabulous. Plus, you've often mentioned wanting your own ACA.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Mara,

I would have to go with the same matching band too. I think the simplicity of the band will compliment your ering very well. I love the simplicity of your ering and I think the matching band will add more jazz to your ering without overpowering it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

You sound like me with my necklace (lol). . .the internet can have is bad points too, as in we see all these gorgeous designs and want them all!
love.gif

My bands don't match and although I love my set, I still wished that they matched bit better to give a more complete look. The eng. ring you have is amazing, and a matching band will make it look exceptional to the normal wedding sets everyone has out in the real world. It'll be a set you can enjoy a lifetime as it's custom and unique and PERFECT
1.gif

Oh, and you can always get the five stone ACA ring as a five year anniversary ring and interchange the rings for fun and variation.

Michelle

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
AHHHHHH.....
errrr.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think the most important thing is to try some on (in the correct size). I like the WF ones the best, because the edges are flush with the solid band, so there would not be the 'picky' aspect against your other fingers. However, you say that that doesn't bother you on your ering, so may not make any difference to you.

I would be very particular about having the top-down view be the identical width across your finger, because it makes a visual difference IMO if one sticks out more on the side than the other, especially when they both have diamonds. If one is plain, the difference is not so apparent. Mine is a bit different, so I am getting it re-done (sigh). More money down the tubes.

My preference for your band would be same as your e-ring, but I understand wanting to have more presence on the finger if you ever wear it alone.
10.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Mara -

I have to agree with the others that a matching band would look gorgeous with your stunning e-ring, but I do understand your desire for more bling.
love.gif

Maybe - as others suggested - you can get the matching band now and then get a second band with 5 or 7 stones later.
appl.gif

I do also have to say that a prong set band with larger diamonds would also look fantastic with your ring.

I think the others are right to suggest you try some on before you decide. Rings look so different on your finger than they do in your head!
1.gif

edited to add - I like the WF ring the best if you went with a larger diamond band. I think they'd look great together!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay...an update. I went into Joe Escobar tonite because they have an excellent selection of rings and great staff...I was not disappointed. Laura worked with me as I tried on ring after ring with my e-ring. I tried on 7 stone, 10 stone, different sizes of eternity, etc. The consensus is that with my e-ring a slightly thinner eternity common-prong ring looks the best. It seems to set off the e-ring better than with a 'matching size' ring (in terms of width). So the wedding ring is around 2.2mm and my e-ring is more around 2.9mm.

JE's price was pretty good, $1795 for .67c F/G VS in platinum. Our jeweler would probably charge us around $2k to do the same thing. I'm also checking in with WF to see if they can do something custom like the one I liked--we'll see.

That said....I ADORED the 10 stone ring...by itself. It was very low profile and common prong which looks like this o : o : o so the prongs are very unobtrusive and the diamonds really pop out at you. Looks like the 7/10 stone setting pictures above but the prongs are even smaller than a few of those pictures. IMO it would be the perfect right hand ring.
1.gif
Very flattering to the hand and because it is so low profile, almost subtle if you can believe it. I placed a very thin 2mm eternity band on top and bottom of it and that looked amazing. Almost like it was all one ring, but enhanced.
1.gif

I also tried on a 2.16c Michael B slim pave setting (around 2.5mm) which was beautiful and the center stone was swoonable!!! Definitely the upgrade of the future.

And for the crowning glory, tried on the ultimate, a 3c triple rowed pave ring which was an absolute monster, but looked divine on my hand. It confirmed what I had known all along, my hand was born to wear a 3c stone...someday.
rolleyes.gif

1.gif
Thanks for weighing in everyone but looks like I won't need a poll after all. Thin eternity has won this round.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Hi, Mara..

I called Whiteflash today... the 7 stone band with the ACA, then can custom make it with bigger ACA stone... just for a little bit more $$$...

It should be a lot more *sparkle* with the ACA stones..

I think the price for the one they have on the site is $1395 for 0.60 carats.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Mara on making a choice you are so happy with! I can't wait to see the pics when you finally get it! It will be gorgeous!
love.gif

And who knows maybe you'll get a right hand ring sooner than you think!
1.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
mara..

ooops.. sorry... I didn't see you already have one you fell in love love love with..

21.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out these bands I found on the precision set website. These look pretty nice, too.

ENG_DSM-3109-10.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another ring that I found at signedpieces.com
I saw this ring in person when I went to purchase something from them. It is gorgeous and if I didn't have such a big knuckle, I probably would've gone the eternity band way.
They are very friendly to deal with and they do have some kind of return policy, but you will have to check it out with them.
I purchased my bezel set diamond earrings and a Tiffany diamond by the yard bracelet from them. I also had them bezel set my diamond on a platinum chain.
I was even going to purchase another diamond bracelet from them in October, I paid for it and everything, but changed my mind a few days later, and they gave me no hassles.

Here is the description. I don't know what size you wear, but they come in all different sizes.

SALE Platinum 1.20ct 27 Diamond Band FACETS

Facets platinum ring with 27 round diamonds in a shared-prong setting. The diamonds are 1.20ct total weight and they are F-G color and VVS-VS clarity. The ring is size 7 and it weighs 3.6gr. The ring is 2.5mm wide and 2.5mm thick. The ring is signed "Facets" and "PT950" and it is brand new. The ring comes with a Facets box and Facets certificate.The Retail value on the ring is $3,000.00.

PRICE: $1,075.00 SALE

shared prong eternity.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another ring, slightly wider for a smaller finger size. By the way, I don't work for them. I really am a nurse!
2.gif

SALE 68% OFF 29 Diamond 1.15ct Eternity Band

Facets platinum ring with 29 round diamonds in a shared-prong setting. The diamonds are 1.15ct it weighs 3.9gr. The ring is total weight and they are F-G color and VVS-VS clarity. The ring is size 5.5 and 2.6mm wide and 2.5mm thick. The ring is signed "Facets" and "PT950" and it is brand new. The ring comes with a Facets box and Facets certificate. The Retail value on the ring is $3,750.00.

PRICE: $1,175.00 SALE

4 (2).jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Kayla..its funny, that 3 ring set Precision one you posted is basically my ring with two eternities on either side. I pretty much tried that on last nite, and found that I cannot wear 3 rings like that with a center stone the size of mine. This sounds self-serving (upgrade!) but when the center stone does not 'hang over' slightly on either side of the 3 rings, the 3 rings together actually make the center stone look *smaller* due to the added width of the other rings. Not exactly the look I am going for! So I'd have have to have a bigger center stone (e.g. 2c) to carry off 3 bands. Hence why I am getting a smaller eternity rather than one the same size. The same size one looked almost the same as the 3 thinner bands.

Anyway I really do love that 10 stone ring, such a charmer. Looked amazing on it's own too.
2.gif
Ahhh diamonds. You gotta love them. So versatile!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results