shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Friday!

I''m sorry if this has been posted before, but I did a search and couldn''t find it.

Does anyone know where I can see pictures of different cut grades of RBs? I specifically want to see the difference between "excellent" and "very good." I know I can go to a B&M jeweler, but I haven''t found anyone that I really trust yet and I hate the hard-sell.

Thanks for the help!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
This may help

http://www.goodoldgold.com/4Cs/Cut/IdealCutDiamonds/

there is a pic of a GIA excellent next to a good. I would not sacrifice cut but would with color. Best wishes.
35.gif

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
That was helpful. What a huge difference!

This is so hard...I have already moved down to an H color, which is as low as I comfortable going in a platinum setting with G/H sidestones. I think I am just not going to find an ideal cut meeting all my other specs within our price range...may have to bump it up a bit.

I need to just buy something! I''ve found that the more I educate myself, the more I have to spend to be happy with the quality.
20.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tell us what you want and we can help you look. What cut? H you said? Also, what clarity? Carat weight?

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thank you!!

I am looking for around 1 ct, down to H in color, eye-clean (perfectly comfortable with SI1/2 if I can''t see it w/my eye.) I was hoping for under $5k. I think this needs to go up a bit.

Whiteflash found me a good looking 1.01 G SI1 VG well within my price range, but it doesn''t perform great in the cut advisor:

Depth 61.6%
Table 56%
Crown Angle 34.5
Pavillion Angle 41.2
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Good
Flour None

Factor Grade
Light Return Very Good
Fire Good
Scintillation Good
Spread or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 3.2 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi BD,

It''s getting a bad score because of the pavillion angle (HCA likes shallow numbers). As Julie mentioned, have them get an IS and/or ASET image. It may be a great diamond.

And if it turns out not to be, I like the one Julie found you.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Ellen, I am impressed w/your knowledge. I need to learn way more.

Yes, I too like the one Julie picked. Julie helped me w/my purchase; she is awesome!!!
36.gif
35.gif

The good thing about GOG is that any diamond you buy from them they have a lifetime upgrade. Both Whiteflash and GOG are the only ones I know of that have a great policy like that.

Lastly, use this if you want a great cut diamond http://www.pricescope.com/sift.aspx best wishes.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everybody!
9.gif
Ellen- I think you have it right on. I will go ahead and ask WF to call in that first diamond for evaluation. I''ve been working with them a little bit and I would like to give them a chance to find me something first.
Otherwise, that one from GOG looks really good. If I have to put out more $, that''s a prime candidate.

Skippy- I just discovered the same thing about GOG and WF''s upgrade policies. That''s really important to me as I have my eye on a 1.5 ct within a few years. I found a couple of good looking stones on James Allen and Blue Nile, but the upgrade policy was a deal-breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results