shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures from our Napa Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
Sure it is a very detailing dress, look at the flowers i''m sure they are all handmade, lovely!

I live in Toronto so there''s only one bridal shop I could find who carrying Oscar, too bad they just held a trunk show on Oscar''s art pieces a month ago. It was the first gown I tried on, and I immediate fell in love with it! I couldn''t find any better one later on so i definitely will go back to the first shop!! but there''s one thing making me hesitate, it was the light ivory color of the gown. it looked so well under the fitting room lighting, but i m not so sure will it actually look good on me with natural lights. it''ll be perfect if i get to choose the lighter color of the fabric lol
36.gif

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
StarbuttsKoffee - Was the dress you tried on lighter or darker than mine? I didn''t realize Oscar made the dress in different colors. In fact when I asked the salesperson about it being done in a more ivory color she said Oscar didn''t do that but maybe she was wrong. Mine is a very, very light ivory, more white than ivory. Are you fair skinned? I went tanning a little so I wouldn''t look as white as my dress. I''m sure you''ll look beautiful!!

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
that''s the one, I believe yours is in lighter color.
30.gif

oscar1.jpg

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
No, that's not the dress I ended up ordering. I tried that one on and was debating between that one and another one but then found MY Oscar and loved it so much more on me. Mine is the one on the bottom left on this page http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/runway/designer/oscardelarenta?f=217%3a3001. One of my reasons for not ending up with the Oscar you posted was for the exact reason that the fabric was way more ivory than I preferred and I would rather have a little too light white with my dress than deep ivory. I know they won't do that one in a lighter fabric for sure as I asked the salesperson to call Oscar and find out.

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
yupyup, I saw urs in ur photos! its very very beautiful! my skin tone is a bit like the model shown in the photo. but a bit tanned on the lower arms due to exploding under the sun too much on my way to work in my car (lol) probably the best way is to cover myself up under the sun for a year so by the time of my wedding in next summer my skin tone will even out lol

ur wedding favor is very nice too! which champagne is it? is it the baby Moët?
18.gif

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
From the sound of your skin tone, you can probably get away with the deeper ivory of the dress. And, once you see it by itself and not against a white white then most people will never notice it. The fabric on your Oscar is to die for though, the material its made of is heavenly. Also, I'm not a long train person but I actually loved the long train on that dress when I tried it on....so elegant.

Our champagne were mini-bottles of Chandon brut. It's hard to tell though from the pictures of the buckets as they were taken before they were filled with ice - all of the bottles were actually sticking a lot more out of the bucket when our guests grabbed them.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Your table settings are so lovely! So many brides from PS have good taste in table settings!!!!!!

I love your ring, do you have more photos of that posted somewhere else?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Im going to check it out right now!
35.gif

lindsaylove

Shiny_Rock
Hi Emeraldfan! Your pictures are breathtaking! I''m currently researching Napa area venues and churches and was wondering if you would mind sharing the name of your church and reception site? Thank you so much in advance.
1.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Pictures are amazing. What a great wedding! CONGRATS!!!!

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 1:44:38 PM
Author: lindsaylove
Hi Emeraldfan! Your pictures are breathtaking! I''m currently researching Napa area venues and churches and was wondering if you would mind sharing the name of your church and reception site? Thank you so much in advance.
1.gif

Hi lindsaylove,
Sorry to jump in, but I''m also getting married in Napa and have a whole spreadsheet of wedding sites that I researched back in February. From what I understand, we''re not allowed to share personal contact info on this board. However, if you''re on the Northern CA knot site, you can page me there (jcc813) w/ your email address and I can send you the spreadsheet I created, if you''re interested
1.gif

I''m not sure what church EmeraldFan was married in, but I do recognize the reception site as being Calistoga Ranch.

HTH!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss your pics? They''re lovely.

Winery wedddings ROCK!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I don''t know how I missed these...but what a beautiful wedding you had! We were just in Napa for our honeymoon, and I was kinda wishing we had gotten married there. It is breathtaking. And I love that Oscar gown! Congratulations!

lindsaylove

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 1:51:00 PM
Author: newbie124

Date: 7/18/2008 1:44:38 PM
1.gif

Hi lindsaylove,
Sorry to jump in, but I''m also getting married in Napa and have a whole spreadsheet of wedding sites that I researched back in February. From what I understand, we''re not allowed to share personal contact info on this board. However, if you''re on the Northern CA knot site, you can page me there (jcc813) w/ your email address and I can send you the spreadsheet I created, if you''re interested
1.gif

I''m not sure what church EmeraldFan was married in, but I do recognize the reception site as being Calistoga Ranch.

HTH!
Thanks so much Newbie, that would be great!! I am on the knot (but am not too familiar with the site so it may take me a while), I''ll contact you there and pass along my email address. You''re awesome! Can''t wait to see your Napa research!
36.gif

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 2:18:45 PM

Thanks so much Newbie, that would be great!! I am on the knot (but am not too familiar with the site so it may take me a while), I''ll contact you there and pass along my email address. You''re awesome! Can''t wait to see your Napa research!
36.gif

If you go to the Talk section, select CA - Northern CA under local boards...then just create a new post titled something like "***(my alias)***" so I catch it, and that''s all there is to it :)

lindsaylove

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 2:23:07 PM
Author: newbie124

Date: 7/18/2008 2:18:45 PM

36.gif

If you go to the Talk section, select CA - Northern CA under local boards...then just create a new post titled something like ''***(my alias)***'' so I catch it, and that''s all there is to it :)
I just posted to you. Thanks!!!

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
You have fabulous taste.... so feminine and I love the vintage touch.

Your photos gave me a warm fuzzy feeling!!! They''re gorgeous! I esp love the dresses and flowers - so romantic!
30.gif
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is simply a gorgeous wedding! I love it all, it is so elegant and tasteful!! Congrats.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Hi lindsaylove - I am so glad everyone liked our wedding, I'm looking back on it with fond memories now and wish I could live that day all over again. As to our venues, the reception was at Calistoga Ranch and the church we were married in was St. Helena Catholic Church. It's a beautiful church and the priest and wedding coordinator at the church are very helpful and made the whole ceremony run really smoothly.

Thanks everyone else for the compliments!!!

I have been studying for another bar exam so I haven't been on the board much lately. I promise to post more of my photogs amazing photos after the bar in 2 weeks. Wish me luck on this one, I am definitely going to need some PS dust.

HaloAngel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Emeraldfan! Glad to see you back!
Your wedding & both dresses were so tasteful & beautiful....also, I *love* peonies & they were gorgeous in your wedding!

I would like to know more about the headpiece you wore with the Reem Acra dress. I went on the website that you said you got it from but I could not find it. Was it a special order? How do I go about getting one....Is there a certain style name or number to ask for? If you don''t mind me asking, how much was it? Hopefully it will be in my budget! Feel free to magically send me yours! lol

Thanks for your time & I look forward to your response & more pictures from your special day!
36.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Good Luck
1.gif

****dust****

Yes, I would love to see more pictures!
Sigh, your dresses are just beautiful and romantic.
I will go back to looking at your pictures now.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Hi haloangel - my headpiece isn't on the website but if you call mention it was in Elegant Weddings magazine last spring with the bride/Courtney who got married in Aspen and wore a Reem. I think it was $600 or $650. Also, if you're in the Bay Area I would be happy to let you borrow it as I would love for someone else to get use out of it.

akmiss - thanks for the dust. As you can see I am procrastinating right now
emsmileo.gif
- I can't wait for this darn thing to be over so I can get back to my life.

HaloAngel

Shiny_Rock
Aww thanks for the sweet offer Emerald! Unfortunately I am your friendly neighbour to the north here in Canada! But it would be amazng to borrow it because sadly, it is way out my budget
7.gif

I woud love to see more detailed pictures of it! What is it made of? Is it a hairband type thing?

Thanks again EF!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results