shape
carat
color
clarity

Picture Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tibro

Rough_Rock
How do you guys take such good pic of your stones? I have been trying and can only get a blur or white background from the flash bouncing off the diamond. I have tried with and w/o the flash, in light and dark settings, far and close up and nothing seems to work. Can anyone help?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you have a macro mode/function on your camera ( a little flower icon)?

tibro

Rough_Rock
I do but it doesn''t seem to help.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
You have to play with focusing your camera, and make certain to keep your hand very, very still. A lot of people have to use tripods to avoid jittering at all.

Keep playing with it on macro setting. You''re bound to get a few good pictures by accident if nothing else, right?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
With some cameras on the macro function you have to be really patient for it to focus. It might take a long time for it to see what right in front of it''s face. Also, you might have the camera just too close to your stone? And if you''re hands are jittery I would definitely suggest using a tripod. That would be a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results