shape
carat
color
clarity

Picture of stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I got a camera to take a picture of my ring. I wrote yesterday asking if my center stone looks like it's good quality because sometimes it appears dark or hazey cloudy. Some of you mentioned you needed to see a picture of the stone to know for sure. So here is the picture.. Let me know what you think.

married_with_children_ring1.jpg

married_with_children_ring6.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The first image suggests there is a leakage zone just inside the table.
An ideal-scope image might look a bit like this and the ray trace shows why.

The scores on the right are all great if they are 1.00. Under 1 shows a deficit.

Leakage explained.jpg

Wow! Could you tell all that from that picture? If I am reading it right, most of the diamond is Excellent except for the leakage. If I have it recut would it then be considered "excellent" for the cut, polish, symetrey? Also my diamond isn''t very big at all .74 . Would a loss of pavillion make it much smaller. Plus it is bezel set. Would it be more cost effective to just buy a new diamond or would you recommend a recut? Thanks for responding. It was very cool information and I would love to know your opinion.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to say that your rings are very pretty!

I''m betting it makes much more sense with that size stone to simply replace it with an ideal cut, hearts and arrows stone as opposed to having that one recut. Set that stone in something else and just get another one. (I''m speaking from experience.
2.gif
)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
loss of pavilion isn''t going to make your stone smaller. or, i don''t think so.

Thanks for the compliment diamondseeker. I love them too. I really would like to get a killer stone. I am very curious about both options (getting a better cut diamond or getting a new diamond). Any input is appreciated.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The ring is very nice.

It seems from the other thread that the cut is the issue. Unless you have very dark walls and ceilings at home?

If there is a chance you could upgrade in size and did not want to keep this stone then you can cut out some of the inside of the outer cluater halo and fit in a much larger stone - still have the mill graining.
Or recutting needs a new setting and the stone will not loose any diameter and should still be over the critical 0.70ct - then it is still the same emotional stone. Cost - $500-$1,000

Okay, that helps a lot. Thanks Gary. I would like to keep the setting if possible. So I guess the best option is for an upgrade.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2007 9:41:25 AM
Author: married with children
Okay, that helps a lot. Thanks Gary. I would like to keep the setting if possible. So I guess the best option is for an upgrade.
We always support upgrading around here, mwc!
2.gif
The neat thing is that you could actually increase the size of your stone if you wanted to in the existing setting. It is like it was made to allow a size upgrade, although it is lovely with this size stone with the bezel, too.

I like the idea of upgrading too!! I did think eventually I would. The gap is definately not a big as it looks in pictures! It just makes it really obvious that the daimond is not a bunch of smaller diamonds. I am actually getting another band for on top. Then I will be able to hit him up for an upgrade
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results