shape
carat
color
clarity

Picture of my ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
Ok, here it is, the only picture I have of my engagement ring. It came out a little orange, my hand is pale, not tan. You''ll get the idea anyways.

The ring is style TR 044 Gelin and Abaci tension setting in 14k yellow gold purchased from Mickey Roof Jewelers. The diamond was purchased from Dirtcheapdiamonds.com and is .87ct, I, VS1, H&A with an HCA of .5.

I love my ring, but I think that I may now need to get a custom wedding band made since it is so thick. I''ve made an inquiry to mickey roof about it, but if anyone knows of a place that makes thin bands (about 2-3mm) that are thick enough to sit flush with my e-ring, please let me know.

My ring is heavy, which I like, but I can''t imagine what it would feel like in platinum since platinum is so much heavier than gold. It''s something to consider if you are looking at tension settings.

:naughty: :naughty:

Sandys ring.jpg

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
"How sweet it is"

Congrats!

Kirk

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
It occured to me that some of you might be curious about how much my ring cost.

The diamond was about $2900 including shipping, and the setting was $675 including shipping to the manufacturer + ~50 for shipping and insurance to send it to Mickey Roof. So that comes out to $3625, not a bad deal for such a beautiful ring!

jetcaptain

Rough_Rock
Absolutely stunning! Best wishes as you and your diamond (oh yeah, and your man too) begin the rest of your lives together!:wink2:

rocksrock

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting a picture...it is VERY nice, it reminds me much of the Steven Kretchmer ring. You did wonderful on your diamond search!!! CONGRATULATIONS, and I'm sure I don't have to say enjoy.

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Wow! what a gorgeous ring!!! I love tension set rings. Thanks for posting up a picture. I have a stupid question though, if your finger swells up (heat etc) would it touch the culet?
Once again, congrats on your new ring and engagement!!

Laurie

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the support guys!

To answer your question puddycat, the ring is actually a little big for my finger (5 and 3/4) so I don't think that I will have a problem with my finger bumping into the cutlet. The cutlet is about 2mm above the base of the ring, so it would have to really swell up to touch it. I can actually squeese the ring onto my middle finger (which is a size 6.5 to 7) and the cutlet still doesn't touch it.

At first I thought that maybe I should have gotten a 5 1/2, but I guess it is good for me to have a little room to grow during any future weight gains or pregnancies. It's not really too loose, so I'm not worried about losing it.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is truly stunning. Enjoy!

enibas

Rough_Rock
wow -- i really like it! :) i like it better than a Steven Kretchmer! let me know what you find out about the 2-3mm wedding beands...i'd be interested too! :)

congrats!
enibas:))

enibas

Rough_Rock
wow -- i really like it! :) i like it better than a Steven Kretchmer! let me know what you find out about the 2-3mm wedding bands...i'd be interested too! :)

congrats!

enibas

Rough_Rock
wow -- i really like it! :) i like it better than a Steven Kretchmer! let me know what you find out about the 2-3mm wedding bands...i'd be interested too! :)

congrats!

lacina

Shiny_Rock
What A stunning ring! Congratulations!

When it comes to custom work I can offer the finest in NY or Vancouver. whatever your heart desires. The Vancouver factory assures you better price because of the exchange rate, and also gives you the opportunity to sellect higher quality metals like 19K white gold + AAA+ job!. NY factory is a bit busy but the job is superb! You will need to provide a picture or drawing of the ring choose quality and weight of diamonds , metal and size.
Let me know If I can help

:))
George
GLE Gem Imports

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
VERY beautiful!!! I am normally not a huge fan of the tension settings I have seen pictures of online...but your ring is gorgeous and it looks great with the stone!

On the wedding ring..I would think you would be able to find someone to create a wedding ring to your specs and within budget without too much hassle. In one of my previous posts..I found this website of a guy online who makes tons of custom rings for good prices and posts his projects online for all to see. Unfortunately, I am traveling at the moment and the bookmark on his site is at work where I won't be for another week, but surf the web a little and you may find it. Also I would think that an eternity style ring or similar would look stunning with that setting, provided the wedding ring is kept pretty thin (2mm maybe). You could do pave set or small .02 rounds. Also, with our jeweler..he has a preferred guy that he works with, apparently this guy does most of the custom work for people in Aptos and around that area in California, so maybe a few of your small local jewelers have someone similar they could put you in touch with?

Anyway when I get back to work I will look for that bookmark for this custom designer on the web, and post the url, or if you find it in a previous posting, check him out. His work is gorgeous, and he has pages and pages of pictures of custom projects he has done posted on the web. Someone else also recommended him, it may have been divergrrl..last week.

Best of luck and again, a gorgeous ring!! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results