shape
carat
color
clarity

picture of my EC ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock

thanks for indulging me!!

jeannie

NO THANK YOU!
36.gif
That was a thrilling post to devour through
18.gif
. I gulped those photos down...you serving anymore? I'm ready for more!! Man that thing is glorious.

DKS

edited:
PS...Aren't you the little cutie? Pretty lady!! (have you ever heard Jerry Lewis say that? Preeeetea Layyydee)

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
That is an absolutely gorgeous ring. Wow, thank you for sharing!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my, a gorgeous ring for a gorgeous lady. Perfect match!!

Congrats, and I''m so glad you ended up with a stone that makes your heart sing. That''s really what it''s all about anyway, not the numbers.
2.gif

Enjoy!

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
WOW!!! That is beautiful. Simple...understated.....and pure elegance. MMM, MMM, MMM......

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, I love it! It''s such a great stojne, the solitaire setting really highlights it''s beauty.

It looks SO HUGE - what are the stone''s measurements?

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 12:48:23 PM
Author: vespergirl
Gorgeous ring, I love it! It''s such a great stojne, the solitaire setting really highlights it''s beauty.

Yeah, what''s the 411 on those measurements?? That thing is Gi-normous! Wow, I am in LOVE with your ring!
30.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! I am falling deeper and deeper in love with ECs by the day!

THANK YOU for these pics, your ring is absolutely beautiful. I love the clean lines, it''s so very sophisticated.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is just stunning
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your ring is stunning......I
30.gif
EC''s! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 5:52:50 PM
Author: lizardofaz

Date: 8/23/2007 12:48:23 PM
Author: vespergirl

Yeah, what''s the 411 on those measurements?? That thing is Gi-normous! Wow, I am in LOVE with your ring!
30.gif

Thanks to everybody for your nice comments! It''s really exciting for me to have this ring. I ordered the 7-stone shared prong band from Whiteflash today! It should be ready September 10; I can''t wait.

Okay, the stone measures 8.73 X 6.92 X 4.25. When I plugged the numbers into gemappraiser it came out to 1.26:1 l/w ratio.

This is so unusual that I have such a gorgeous piece of jewelry, I want you to know. My husband is a great guy but he never ponies up for anything expensive for me in the way of jewelry. (You should see what he got me for my 40th b-day - I was so disappointed!) He''s very generous in his ways and never bothers me about what I spend money on but this was a huge deal and rightly so. I cannot believe he did it! I picked it out, etc. but he was supportive all the way, never making negative comments, and in fact, likes the ring very much. I feel very fortunate. I know life is not about things, even though I tend to be a bit of a ''material girl'', but I like having something rare and precious and something to pass on when I no longer need it. My mom recently died and my sister and I now have her jewelry and it''s special to us.

I never ever thought of an emerald cut. I really love ovals and who doesn''t love round brilliants, but I came to appreciate other shapes and was just magnetized by this EC stone from the very beginning. I wanted to see others from online vendors that I liked talking with. Bob at Whiteflash was helping me and when we called in a stone, he knew it wasn''t The One, and kicked it back. When I told Bob I''d found my stone at a local b & m (my neighborhood, independent jeweler, which is also nice) he was happy for me, even though he lost the chance to make the sale. I appreciated his nice response. So when I decided to keep the solitaire setting and go for a diamond wedding band to complete the look and fell in love with the Tiffany ring, I was happy to ask Bob/Whiteflash to create the custom ring for me.

I''ve had a lot of fun reading all your posts and I''ll be here from now on, seeing what everyone is up to, considering, etc. I''ll help when I can. I forgot to mention Tacori and Neatfreak, too; they also helped me through my many postings about the EC stone! I hope they show up to see the ring pics soon, otherwise it will be buried at the bottom of the posting heap! Well, I''ll put some more pictures up when my 7 stone band comes in. They will be ACA, Hearts and Arrows round brilliants, F color, VS range clarity, about 13 pts. each for a total carat weight of 1.00. I''m really excited and feel like I''ll have the best of both worlds: the cool clarity and classic geometry of the step cut paired with the sparkly round brilliants. Pray to God I don''t lose them or they don''t get stolen or some other horrible misfortune. I was reading the thread of someone whose ring vanished from the bedside table (did you find it??) and was wondering about making a claim. I realize one doesn''t want to make a frivolous claim by geesh, for the amount of $$ I am paying Jeweler''s Mutual I really hope I could make a claim if needed without hesitation. Maybe it''s easier to claim it if it''s not on your homeowner''s insurance ?

Oh well! Anyway, thanks to all of your for your nice comments. That was nice
35.gif

Jeannie

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! You are so cute in those shots with your ring! I can''t wait to see pictures with your 7 stone band! I hope you share pictures with us! I bet it''ll look fabulous!
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a beautiful stone! Yours is proof that a large table CAN be beautiful!

gemhunter917

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful EC ring! I''ve been away so I haven''t kept up with your hunt
7.gif

It really is a stunner from those pics.

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/25/2007 12:19:00 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
It is a beautiful stone! Yours is proof that a large table CAN be beautiful!
I really am a good speller...but clearly I'm befuddled about baguettes...LOL

jeannie

hey Tacori,

i was glad you got the chance to see the pics; you haven't been around for the past few days, have you? yes, i agree - it's very pretty despite the large table! you were one who kept saying that too, and it reassured me as i was considering it. now that i have it, i don't have any regret and it's very lively!! the depth is very good so the stone looks big and i like that too
9.gif
. i'm really happy with it!

and yes, i absolutely WILL post pics of the 7-stone band as soon as I get it on my finger! (sept. 10 is estimated date!).

i went my jeweler today to inquire about changing the setting to platinum and saw a really pretty solitaire setting with very slender banguettes in the shank on either side of the stone; it's barely wider than I have now, which I really like. The prongs are slightly different and I don't care for them but if that could be changed, I might consider this setting which is basically what I have plus slender, accent baguettes. It still has the overall look of a solitaire setting which I really like with this stone. It just needs the 7-stone, round brilliant band to be its companion on my finger and then the "set" will be complete. I think I'll get some pics of that setting next week and show you guys. I'm not generally crazy about baguettes but somehow this setting really appealed to me. It did not make the ring look "antique-ish" as bagettes side stone sometime feel to me. It was a clean, rather contemporary look and I don't believe it detracted from the EC at all.

jeannie

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/22/2007 10:38:54 PM
Author: shminbabe
and another...

jeannie
Lovely lovely stone. I''m so glad it has a thread! Beautiful!
36.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhh, beautiful. There''s really nothing that compares to the elegance and mystery of a nice EC. (Okay, I''m biased, but still...
9.gif
)

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, beautiful photos. Now I am dreaming about a 2+ carat emerald cut. It''s so classic (and classy!). Congrats.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Your emerald is just lovely

feel free to post more pics!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Well...maybe I will.

My husband thinks I''m crazy, taking all these photos of the ring and posting them.

I think I will get some pictures of the setting I''m considering and posting those for your input. The baguettes are really slender on the shank so it still seems like a solitaire, which, I guess, I really like! I had only meant for the setting to be temporary as it''s so simple. But with the 7-stone wedding band (had not planned to have a wedding band; this ring was going to be it. But it needs a mate, as it really just looks like an engagement ring, etc.) I think it really completes the look and lets the EC stand out as I like it.

What am I going to do when this is all said and done?!

Thanks for all your kind words!

jeannie

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe my EC has the same table (I remember it is at least 70%). Large tables are quite unpopular on here but I think my stone sparkles with the best of them (and am sure yours does soon). I am so glad you went with your heart on this one. Your eyes are better tools than the numbers with ECs. I can''t wait to see the final set!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock

Date: 8/27/2007 12:39:45 AM
I believe my EC has the same table (I remember it is at least 70%). Large tables are quite unpopular on here but I think my stone sparkles with the best of them (and am sure yours does soon). I am so glad you went with your heart on this one. Your eyes are better tools than the numbers with ECs. I can''t wait to see the final set!

Tacori,

My table size is a 72 %. But it really does sparkle and I am crazy about it. The depth is very good: 61.8 % so it has a very nice spread. I can see all the steps so clearly; they flash and dance and when they are quiet it is still anything but ''dead'' or flat or too glassy. It''s always interesting. I love to gaze into its depths. It is enticing.

Did you post a picture of yours somewhere? I''d love to see it (or, see it again, if I''ve already done so and forgotten, it''s possible!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/23/2007 8:28:50 AM
Author: Ellen
Oh my, a gorgeous ring for a gorgeous lady. Perfect match!!

Congrats, and I''m so glad you ended up with a stone that makes your heart sing. That''s really what it''s all about anyway, not the numbers.
2.gif

Enjoy!
Ditto ditto, with a fancy shape- this diamond is FANTASTIC, numbers don''t tell the whole story, crown heights etc, you did great!!!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei,

I remember you helped me too! Right there at the end as I bought it: you were encouraging me! Thank you
35.gif

(For those who don''t know, I decided to buy the ring the night before I went off on vacation. I was at the jeweler the day we were leaving, having it reset and paying for it. We almost missed our flight b/c I had to stop at the bank to transfer funds on the way out of town! That''s why it took a while for me to post the pictures.)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey SB
I was just wondering how the ering will clear the wedding band.
Will the band fit underneath the ering- and flush?
Thanks

(ps- pics? umm more please)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! That is GORGEOUS!!!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 10:44:14 PM
Author: sevens one
Hey SB
I was just wondering how the ering will clear the wedding band.
Will the band fit underneath the ering- and flush?
Thanks

(ps- pics? umm more please)
hi sevens 1,

i think the e-ring will fit well together with the wedding band. when i tried the 7-stone band on in tiffany, it did. it nestled together really nicely, with the 4-prong head of the e-ring rising just above the top of the band. whiteflash is making the tiffany ring for me. i figure if for some reason they do not fit so well together, i will find another e-ring setting. i like the solitaire but when i started out it was meant to be temporary. but when it looked so pretty with the wedding band, i thought i''d leave it alone. i''ll switch to platinum, though, since the wedding band''s being made in plat. i''m eyeing a different band, too, so when the ring comes i''ll decide. though if it''s made to the "tiffany specs" it should go together like a hand in a glove. here''s hoping...

they sent me the cad images today. does that mean it might be ready sooner than sept. 10?! i''m sure they''ve made this same ring before for other customers.

i''ll definitely post pictures when i get the ring. i think it''s going to look so pretty together. i HOPE so.

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 11:32:48 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
OMG! That is GORGEOUS!!!
gosh, thank you so much. i am so happy that this discerning board likes my ring, too
1.gif
. i know that I am very pleased and enchanted with it and am so glad i took the "risk" and got an emerald cut. hard decision to deviate from where i started and knowing that hubby won''t be in favor of trading up or making changes i felt like it was my one chance to get it right. besides, i''m old already. unless we hit it rich (chances are diminishing as the years go by and we stil have little kids at home), this stone is it for me.

jeannie

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 8:29:11 AM
Author: shminbabe

Date: 8/27/2007 12:39:45 AM

Tacori,

My table size is a 72 %. But it really does sparkle and I am crazy about it. The depth is very good: 61.8 % so it has a very nice spread. I can see all the steps so clearly; they flash and dance and when they are quiet it is still anything but ''dead'' or flat or too glassy. It''s always interesting. I love to gaze into its depths. It is enticing.

Did you post a picture of yours somewhere? I''d love to see it (or, see it again, if I''ve already done so and forgotten, it''s possible!)

I think mine has similar numbers to yours (though mine is smaller at 1.72). I would have to dig out the paperwork to be certain on the details. I also think I posted a pic of my ring in your other thread. I know I have a couple threads dedicated to my beauty. I am long overdue for some new photos!!! I am getting a new camera soon so I promise I will have a photo shot. For new hand shots you will have to wait months. I can no longer wear my ring
39.gif
And I do miss it. Hopefully I will lose the baby weight quickly (or at least my fingers) so I can be reunited!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I noticed your avatar and thought I don''t remember seeing that ring?!?! Then I went searching and yip I missed this beauty! It is gorgeous and you are so pretty too! Congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results