shape
carat
color
clarity

Picture of Blue Oregon Sunstone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can find a picture of Blue Oregon Sunstone. According to all the Sunstone websites Oregon Sunstone comes in Clear, Straw/Gold, Green, Blue, Pink, Orange and Red. I have seen and have samples of each of these and shiller types but can''t find even a picture of a Blue stone.

Billyjack

Rough_Rock
You forgot to mention that Oregon Sunstone also comes in greens.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I did say green . The closest I have seen to blue is bluish green.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MJO, the only place I''ve hear about blue sunstone is the website you mention. Otherwise one might call gray-gree ''blue'' for fun.

Billyjack

Rough_Rock
I am sorry about that, I guess I read it too fast.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/23/2005 2:16:22 AM
Author:MJO

Does anyone know where I can find a picture of Blue Oregon Sunstone.

Hi Maurice,

I think "blue" is pushing it. "Blue-green" is the furthest the U.S. Geological Survey will go as per the following quote:

"Oregon.--The premier U.S. gem-quality feldspar is the red labradorite, known as sunstone, mined in Oregon. Large quantities of gem-quality labradorite, most of it water-clear, straw yellow, or yellow sunstone, has been produced from deposits in southeastern Oregon for many years. In sunstone, the labradorite contains millions of copper platelets that reflects the light with varying intensities resulting in a golden-red play of color known as schiller. Although the common color of Oregon sunstone is straw-yellow, it also can be pink, peach, red, salmon red-orange, red-green, and blue-green. It also can be bicolored and tricolored in combinations of yellow, red, and green, and a small percentage is di- and tri-chroic."

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/18/2005 1:26:31 AM
Author: Richard M.

Date: 1/23/2005 2:16:22 AM
Author:MJO

Does anyone know where I can find a picture of Blue Oregon Sunstone.

Hi Maurice,

I think ''blue'' is pushing it. ''Blue-green'' is the furthest the U.S. Geological Survey will go as per the following quote:

''Oregon.--The premier U.S. gem-quality feldspar is the red labradorite, known as sunstone, mined in Oregon. Large quantities of gem-quality labradorite, most of it water-clear, straw yellow, or yellow sunstone, has been produced from deposits in southeastern Oregon for many years. In sunstone, the labradorite contains millions of copper platelets that reflects the light with varying intensities resulting in a golden-red play of color known as schiller. Although the common color of Oregon sunstone is straw-yellow, it also can be pink, peach, red, salmon red-orange, red-green, and blue-green. It also can be bicolored and tricolored in combinations of yellow, red, and green, and a small percentage is di- and tri-chroic.''
Hello Richard,

I do have green blue stones but had red that some are blue. I guess that they mean a shade of blue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results