shape
carat
color
clarity

Picture of an albino deer fawn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend sent me this in an e-mail. Someone was driving in Maine and saw the fawn in the road. The mother wasn't around.

albinodeer.JPG

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another one

fawn2.JPG

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
SO adorable!

Mom might have ditched her thinking a bright-white fawn would get both of them spotted & in trouble... Albino tigers don''t make it very long in the wild, while they do wonderfully in captivity...

thanks for posting the pictures
9.gif

Aurelia

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow MB, it''s GORGEOUS. Hopefully it will find a good home in a wildlife sanctuary, away from harm. As a kid I remember seeing two albino squirrels frollicking in the trees. I grew up with them around and never realized they were rather rare.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - she's beautiful! Thanks for the pic!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwwww!!!

Do they know yet what they''re going to do with it?

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 2:04:19 PM
Author: Aurelia
SO adorable!

Mom might have ditched her thinking a bright-white fawn would get both of them spotted & in trouble... Albino tigers don''t make it very long in the wild, while they do wonderfully in captivity...

9.gif

Aurelia
Jeez, I must be REALLY feeling silly today... this pun is TERRIBLE!!!
14.gif

Sorry... I''m sure some cringed at it.
23.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 2:04:19 PM
Author: Aurelia
SO adorable!

9.gif

Aurelia
Actually, as far as I know, fawns are spotted in order for them to hide from predators. Does don''t abandon their young so much as leave them to sit still while they go off and forage for food. I remember specific warnings NOT to pick up, touch, or otherwise disturb fawns even if you cannot spot the mother, because the mother will be back!

After the fawn was picked up, the mother probably did come back looking for it. In this case, it''s probably better off since a white fawn can''t hide too well from predators!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you like the pics! The local zoo and a place called Fossil Rim were both interested, but they''re planning to send him to a rehab farm. It isn''t legal for the person who found him to keep him.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Aww, he''s cute. Isn''t it really out of season for fawns as well?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Kismet. I'm not sure how long ago the fawn was actually found - I got the e-mail today. This is the story that came with the pics:
"A very eventful day around here... A once in many lifetimes experience!
Saw this lil' feller run out in front of a car, thought it was a lost baby goat. Stopped to get it, and WOW. A real Albino Whitetail Deer. Just hours old, but doing fine. No Momma deer around. Another car nearly hit it in front of ... Well, he is THE neatest thing any of us ever saw. And such a 'freak of nature', that only 1 in more than a million are even born. He took his bottle of food, followed us around the house, doing great. So, we called the Zoo & Fossil Rim, who were both interested, but we're going to send him to a Rehab farm. Maybe he will make it in captivity somewhere and be appreciated. So rare... Sure wanted to keep him but not the thing to do. And not LEGAL either . He was snow white, pink eyes, ears, nose and hooves. Kids called him POWDER. He was SO small."

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I heart him...it''d be soooo hard for me to not keep him b/c he''s so darn cute!!!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Heh, apparently that fawn has been found all over the place: http://www.bdb.co.za/shackle/articles/albino_fawn.htm

Regardless, he''s awfully cute.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
He is adorable, thanks for the pic MB!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Now I wonder if the picture is even real. Sorry if it''s a hoax - the person who sent it to me is reliable.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Here is what Snopes has to say about the email: LINK

Sure is cute!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww what a pretty baby!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Coooooolllllll!!!!! I love that picture, so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results