shape
carat
color
clarity

Picture of a cushion cut diamond with 1.08 ratio needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigday

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

First post. Great site! Im looking to recreate the Tiffany Legacy ring to propose with. Ive had a really hard time finding the perfect square 1:1 ratio cushion cut diamond that fits my budget and preferences. Best Ive found is a cushion with a 1.08 ratio. This stone is online and there is no picture of it. I was therefore wondering if someone could post a picture of a cushion cut stone with a L:W ratio of 1.08.

Thanks so much!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is what a 1.08 ratio looks like...

108ratio.jpg

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Nice pic, Karl.

Good luck, bigday – great idea for the ring!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Keep in mind that there cushions come in all different shapes, so without a photo, there's no way of knowing whether it looks more rounded or more squarish... I hope that makes sense. If not, let me know and I'll find some pictures that illustrate how two cushions with a 1.08 l/w ratio can have completely different outlines - not to mention the huge variety of faceting patterns and cut quality among cushions. This is why many people on this board recommend working with Mark Turnowski from ERD or Jon at Good Old Gold.

bigday

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your posts! The stone in that picture does look more square than I had anticpated, however, i am concerned about PIXLEY''s comments. If you could post some pics to further clarify how 2 cushion cut stone with L:W ratio of 1.08 look different it would be appreciated! I have looked at erd''s online inventory but have not come up with a suitable stone. the diamond i am looking at is 1.25, E, VS2, premium cut grade, depth 64.6, table 61, polish excellent, symmetry very good, girdle stk-tk, culet = none. Measurement is 6.69 x 6.18 x 3.99. Is there a way to establish the squareness of this stone based on these values? Aside from this stone not being a perfect square it meets my needs and budget perfectly so Im really hoping it will work...

Thanks so much.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
smaller version to those numbers.

618669.jpg

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi bigday,
I liked this tool when I was picking out a cushion--
http://www.gemappraisers.com/shapePickerNew.asp

choose "Round/oval/cushion"
put in your ratio
and I''m guessing your cushion could be anywhere from 20-50% "bulge"

just to get an idea of the variety

Good luck!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Hi bigday,
I forgot to extend a warm Pricescope "welcome" to you!
35.gif

I guess the best way to illustrate this is to do a cushion search on Good Old Gold''s website (there''s a link from the Vendors list on the Resources menu up above. If you open up those cushions, you''ll see what I mean by the variation in outline and faceting patterns. I wore myself out trying to find two that were identical l/w ratios but different shapes, but at least you''ll get the idea as to how cushions can be all over the map shape-wise. I''m of the opinion that you don''t need a perfect 1:1 ratio to have a stone that will read as square. You can call the vendor and they can tell you whether it is more rounded or more square, but vendors like Mark and Jon have a penchant for picking great cushions, and can tell you more than that. If you want, you can post the facet plot to the stone and I can link to examples of stones that have that faceting pattern. (Keep in mind that sometimes GIA graders sometimes put the wrong facet plot on the report which can be frustrating if you''re hell-bent on a specific type of cushion).

bigday

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for all this input - really really helpful! Also just wondering what you think about the diamond with measurements above. It has a medium blue fluorescence which apparently does not affect this diamond - it is not milky or cloudy. I am concerned only because the price seems unusually low - about 5k.

Thoughts??

Thanks again!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/8/2009 7:23:50 PM
Author: bigday
Thanks for your posts! The stone in that picture does look more square than I had anticpated, however, i am concerned about PIXLEY''s comments. If you could post some pics to further clarify how 2 cushion cut stone with L:W ratio of 1.08 look different it would be appreciated! I have looked at erd''s online inventory but have not come up with a suitable stone. the diamond i am looking at is 1.25, E, VS2, premium cut grade, depth 64.6, table 61, polish excellent, symmetry very good, girdle stk-tk, culet = none. Measurement is 6.69 x 6.18 x 3.99. Is there a way to establish the squareness of this stone based on these values? Aside from this stone not being a perfect square it meets my needs and budget perfectly so Im really hoping it will work...

Thanks so much.
Hi bigday...

Just curious as to how you interpret "premium cut grade"?

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
As far as two cushions with the same ratio looking different-- there is more to it than the outline.
(not trying to overwhelm you)
The pattern of the cuts are VERY different-- so besides the measurements, its helpful to see the diamond.
Just to get an idea of the variety of cuts, look at this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-cushion-by-any-other-name.36001/

Check it out to see if you have a preference to a certain style
(if you come up with a preference, I would suggest contacting one of the above recommended vendors-- they can hand pick through inventory to find the correct style)

Do you have a copy of the certificate for the diamond you mentioned? (or a picture?)

bigday

Rough_Rock
Just to clarify. Premium cut is an ideal cut. So I think im gonna go for it. What do you guys think???
33.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/12/2009 9:06:44 AM
Just to clarify. Premium cut is an ideal cut. So I think im gonna go for it. What do you guys think???
33.gif
Just to clarify...., dont be misled..., there is no such thing as an "IDEAL" cut Cushion Diamond.

Be careful!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 10:49:43 AM
Author: DiaGem
Date: 2/12/2009 9:06:44 AM

33.gif
Just to clarify...., dont be misled..., there is no such thing as an ''IDEAL'' cut Cushion Diamond.

Be careful!

True, it will be the vendor''s rating of the stone. If dealing with a great vendor, you''ll be fine. If you are picking a stone offline from a random vendor I wouldn''t put much stock in their label of ''premium".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results