shape
carat
color
clarity

picture help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
why do my pictures keep posting so BIG? I scaned them at normal size (about 2 - 3 inches) at various DPI. Then I am compressing them to under 70k with Corel photoshop. What settings should I be using?

optimized

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dave,

Taking a look at a couple of pics you've posted, it looks like you might want to resize the images down a bit. One of the images I noticed was 1240 x 840 pixels, which is pretty big for a message board posting (as you're obviously aware). Scanned images are often of the humongous variety, so using the sizing options within whatever graphics program you use to make the images smaller should do the trick. I'm not familiar with your software, but it should be easy enough to find the resizing functions. Just look for the "resize image" options and adjust accordingly. When I'm posting images I try to keep them below 640 x 480 pixels, mostly just because that keeps the aspect ratio correct for most monitors and it doesn't interfere with the ease of viewing for anyone using 800 x 600 or greater resolution.

Btw, you might want to go back to the original scans for your resizing work rather than the already-compressed images previously posted. The resized images will have smaller file sizes so won't have to be compressed as much in order to meet the PS upload restrictions. A nice bonus...

-Tim

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
Thamks,

I will go back and try again.

dave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results