shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics & thoughts about sizing beads & sizing insert please

s2kgurl

Rough_Rock
Hey ladies, I was wondering if anyone here had any rings with sizing beads or the sizing insert bar on them? I'd like to see some pics if you do & your thoughts & opinion of them please.

If you don't have a ring with the sizing beads or a sizing insert bar but have some knowledgeable thoughts on them, I'd appreciate it VERY much.

Much thanks!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Pics & thoughts about sizing beads & sizing insert pleas

I have sizing beads in my ering, and had them in my w-ring and e-ring before the resets. here is a pic of mine, sorta.

I never feel them, and they have helped me tremendously. My finger itself is like a max 5-5.5, smaller even in the winter. My knuckle is like a 6.5, so I need them or I can't wear my rings. My rings are sized I think to a 5 3/4 full with beads. Snug over the knuckle on, but don't spin a lot with the beads.

amevatchefluidline.jpg

MeganR

Rough_Rock
Trade

Hi S2kgurl,

Sizing beads are just what they sound like. They are small beads of metal placed inside the band of your ring, usually at the 5 and 7 o'clock positions. They are most commonly bead shaped, but some can be shaped more like speed bumps. The general purpose is to keep a ring that is too large securely on the finger, as well as keeping the ring from spinning. There are many reasons for wearing a ring that is not the proper size, and they can include having to fit the ring over a large knuckle, or just liking the feel of a looser fit. I had sizing beads put in my ring for the latter reason. I cannot feel the beads at all, even when I press the band into my finger, and it is wonderful to know that my ring will stay where it’s supposed to once I put it on.

I hope this helps!

sizing beads.JPG

eddiexp

Rough_Rock

This is interesting, I've never seen pictures of the actual sizing beads but have read about them a lot. Now would you need to get these removed and added back during changing seasons?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

This isn't really an option to keep going in and out with the seasons honestly, size the ring to where it fits you in the summer on the majority of the hot days, and leave it. There's no way to keep them fitting identically 100% of the time, fingers change even through the day. But you can file them back down a little to make the ring less snug.

You can get a horseshoe sizer too which will also flex to work with the fluctuations, but again, these are not options that you do and undo repeatedly.

s2kgurl

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the QUICK responses ladies :)

So here's my problem-
I recently purchased a new wedding set & it's a bit wider than my old one, so the new set is currently a size 6.25 & it gives my finger the muffin top look :-o It doesn't hurt my finger when I wear the set, but it looks like it's a bit too tight for my finger. Also, this new set is a pave set & I know your not suppose to size a pave set, but I can't deal with this muffin top on my finger. I plan on sizing it ONLY once so I MUST get the size right. My first thought was to go to a size 6.50, but I'm not really sure if going up a 1/4 size will relieve this muffin top look from my finger. So the next size up will be 6.75 & I'm thinking that will be way too big where the rings will spin around & feel really loose. BUT if I go up 1/2 larger, it would totally get rid of the muffin top I believe. But then I face the problem with the rings being too loose :(sad Do you ladies think going up 1/4 size will get rid of the muffin top on my finger? If not, I would have to do the 6.75 & possibly do the sizing bead/insert bar right? Is the sizing beads/bar going to help my rings from spinning if I were to size my current set up to a size 6.75? I know must people get the beads for the knuckle issue, but I do not have that problem getting my rings over them. I'd love to know your input ladies. Thanks!

eddiexp

Rough_Rock

ame said:
This isn't really an option to keep going in and out with the seasons honestly, size the ring to where it fits you in the summer on the majority of the hot days, and leave it. There's no way to keep them fitting identically 100% of the time, fingers change even through the day. But you can file them back down a little to make the ring less snug.

You can get a horseshoe sizer too which will also flex to work with the fluctuations, but again, these are not options that you do and undo repeatedly.

Oh the reason I was asking is because the e-ring I got my gf, I had it size for the summer months and would definitely fit fine during that time, but I am not sure about the winter months, I actually didn't even give it to her yet and winter is around the corner :lol:

I guess I'll just have to wait and see :)

BTW, sorry to thread jack s2kgurl!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

If it's too floppy they can put the beads in so that its snugger. Or size it down like 1/8 size or something.

OP: I would go in and get sized with a wider band, something close to the size of this ring. If it's to a jeweler you didn't buy this from, have them put yours on their mandrel, and see if you can try on a similar width ring in 1/4 size and 1/2size up. Then you can take it back to whoever made it to have it sized and know they will go up either increment.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results