shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of your brightest

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 9:34:57 AM
Author: Catmom
Great thread. I can''t wait to see all the wonderful stones that are out there!

#1 My color change sapphire

CATMOM---

your color change sapphire is to die for!! beautiful!! is there a link to more photos??

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Loving the thread so far
9.gif

Catmom - it''s not just a nice pink sapphire, but a nice setting for it also.
Harriet - that spess looks to be on fire and you seem to have enough paraiba for a complete parure
9.gif

LovingDiamonds - where to start with yours?! First of all, of course opals qualify as colored gems (some of the most beautiful if you ask me), second, that giant paraiba has such a color that I really think a native cut is of little importance in this case, third, love the setting on the emerald - quite unusual! BTW, is it true that fine opals keep their vibrant colors even when most other stones lose theirs?
LostSapphire - don''t worry, it''s vibrant enough; and the overall design looks great!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda,
I don''t know yet.

Ma Re,
Thanks. Unfortunately, the Paraibas are but little more than melee size. I''m waiting for a larger one.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/5/2008 12:05:21 AM
Author: vita*dolce

Date: 9/4/2008 9:34:57 AM
Author: Catmom
Great thread. I can't wait to see all the wonderful stones that are out there!

#1 My color change sapphire

CATMOM---

your color change sapphire is to die for!! beautiful!! is there a link to more photos??
Thank you!! Here is the link to the original thread. Some of the pics were removed cuz I was a bad girl!
2.gif

ETA: The link.......I musy need more morning coffee!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yay-ive-joined-the-2-ct-cushion-sapphire-club.59151/

Here's a more recent pic where I was able to capture more of the purple color. It really is extremely hard to capture the true color change!

cmssapphirering9.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pink sapphire:

pnktrnty1.JPG

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Madam B,
I love that ring.
P.S. When will you be here next?

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Sapphire cut by Michael E

AusSapRegent2.jpg

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, had to shrink photo to fit and it doesn''t look as bright now but it is

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Harriet!

I''ll be in NYC on Sep. 9. This time I''ll be on a bus trip to the Metropolitam Art Museum that''s being sponsored by the Phila Art Museum. I won''t be able to visit 5th Ave or Madison Ave because I''ll be at the Met all day
7.gif

My next NY trip after that will be October 22 - maybe we could meet then.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/4/2008 11:17:06 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 9/4/2008 6:36:05 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Lastly, here's a Columbian Emerald that I recently bought and had set. I can't photograph this so it shows the true colour and it's more green than the photo shows BUT it glows and has a look of Paraiba Tourmaline about it. Apologies for the blurry pic!

That is a really cool setting - where did you get it?

Ah, I love this thread. So many pretties.
Thank you for the lovely compliment. I designed it and had it made by a jeweller when I was abroad recently. If you look closely you can see it's hand-made as it's not absolutely perfect and normally that would annoy me but I actually quite like it in this setting as it feels more personal if you know what I mean!!!

LS - It's lovely to see the finished ring! Silly question but I'm guessing you like it just a little bit???
30.gif
It's turned out beautifully. Any chance of a hand shot at some point?

Catmom - When I first read through this thread I looked at your CCSapphire and assumed (stupid me) that it was a Tanzy or sapphire. I've just seen it's a CCSapphire and WOW OMG WOW OMG WOW OMG WOW OMG I'm speechless and dribbling! Awesome!

Ma re - None of my opals have actually faded but I do think they improve with wear. They are porous and so like to be worn and benefit from the water they get from your skin. I would think that that helps to keep the colour vibrant but that's just a guess. I've actually got a video of this opal ring (wish I could load it on here
8.gif
). It has a red rolling flash in the bottom right hand corner that's just amazing. There are no dead spots in the opal either. Scrumptious
30.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
My Afghan Mint tourmaline Yum Yum
31.gif
mto319-big2.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Ladies, the gemstones here are absolutely gorgeous.. Catmom and Harriet, beautiful pieces and LovingDiamonds! That opal took my breath away! And what a huge paraiba you''ve got there, what are you going to do with that?

Here are some of my lovelies..

First one is a pink tourmaline from Dan which I have set into a ring..

SSPkTourUnset123.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a picture of the pink tourmaline after setting..

SSPkTour123.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow catmom I love that aqua. I saw that aqua from Michael E (on the forum that shall not be named and it looked great!) But obviously not available
8.gif
It''s nice to see other pics of it.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my unheated ruby ring..

SSRuby123.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my spess from Dan..

SSSpessRing123.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
A spinel from Barbara which I have not set..

SSspinel123.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
A pink sapphire from Richard Homer that is on an airplane on its way to me as I am typing.. I have been looking for a square cushion like this to build a tiffany legacy-esque looking ring and finally found one for a new right hand ring project!

SSPkSapph123.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pair of demantoids that is being set currently (no pics yet) and a pair of mandarin spess from Richard Homer that is forthcoming..

6176ManSpessMPr.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 6:04:16 PM
Author: simplysplendid
Here''s my unheated ruby ring..
**mini threadjack**

OH MY, simplysplendid! HOW ON GOD''S GREEN EARTH have I not seen this RING???

Do you have a thread on it? It is RED LUSCIOUSNESS!

LS

**threadjack over**

...now back to regularly scheduled programming...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 12:56:22 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Hi, Harriet!

I''ll be in NYC on Sep. 9. This time I''ll be on a bus trip to the Metropolitam Art Museum that''s being sponsored by the Phila Art Museum. I won''t be able to visit 5th Ave or Madison Ave because I''ll be at the Met all day
7.gif

My next NY trip after that will be October 22 - maybe we could meet then.
7.gif

I hope so too. I''ll let you know if I go to Philly.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madame and autumngems, LOVE your sapphires!!

LovingDiamonds, don''t worry I get that reaction a lot. If I had a dime every time I was asked if it was a Tanzy I could buy my sapphire earrings!
9.gif

katebar your tourmaline is absolutely gorgeous!!!

simplysplendid you have a gorgeous collection!! The ruby ring is amazing but those spess.......stunning!

LOL part gypsy, ah yes the forum that shall remain nameless! None the less I do think that Michael E is a wonderful cutter. I love my aqua.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my blue topaz - I wear it pretty often because it''s the brightest crayon in my jewelry box :)

elmortconcbluetpz.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, do I LOVE these gemstones. They are beautiful!!!

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be meeting with Leon next week to discuss setting the spess!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Wow, how many nice pieces! Where to start?
9.gif

Madam Bijoux – nice hand shot of some nice rings!

katebar – that tourmaline will make one stunning piece, I'm sure!

simplysplendid –
1. Pic of your loose tourmaline is nice, but a pic of it set is stunning!
2. That ruby with diamonds is one serious piece of bling!
3. Red spinel is gorgeous even while still loose!
4. A really interesting pair of spess – color looks like soft mandarine or lighter shade of pumpkin!

LovingDiamonds – What I meant to ask was, does opal keep it's vibrant colors even when light isn't the best i.e. when most faceted stones turn gray/blackish? Heard that's the case with nice opals.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol catmom. Well if you ever get tired of it, just let me know
3.gif

Some stunners in here I haven''t seen before, like simply splendid''s ruby ring.
I love the mandarin garnets people have been posting.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/6/2008 7:31:07 AM
Author: ma re

LovingDiamonds – What I meant to ask was, does opal keep it''s vibrant colors even when light isn''t the best i.e. when most faceted stones turn gray/blackish? Heard that''s the case with nice opals.
Hi ma re - Sorry having a dense moment!!! It depends on the opal, some I''ve got don''t look as vibrant in sunlight or dim lighting (depends on the type of opal) but this one actually looks scrummy in all lighting conditions. What I have noticed is that the red is more dominant under electric light and the blue during the day.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds, I love your opal! My hubby brought me back a set from one of his Asian trips. They are very bright and vibrant, almost like the quartz bits in my granite countertops, LOL!

cmsstones03.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elmorton, your topaz is a beautiful color!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results