shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of Tiffany Embrace / RB Channel Set with Wedding Band?

TooManyOptions

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone.

I'm new here and in the process of working out which engagement ring to buy for my girlfriend.

We saw the Tiffany Embrace a while back when walking past one of their stores and she loved it, so I'm certain I'll be buying at Tiffany & Co (yes, I'm aware that i could save money by looking elsewhere, but both she and I like the Tiffany brand and experience etc).

I had pretty much decided on the Embrace or Round Brilliant with Bead-Set Border, but since have realized that there is no matching wedding band that will sit flush with the ring (I'm wondering if it would look funny with a gap), so am now questioning whether to go for one of those or the Round Brilliant with Channel Set Band.

Does anyone have either of these rings with a center stone in the 0.8ct - 1ct range with a wedding band to show how they sit together?

If anyone has any advice/thoughts/experience/pictures of these combinations or similar, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance of your help!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Pics of Tiffany Embrace / RB Channel Set with Wedding Ba

That Embrace sure is pretty!!!! :love: She needs to go in and TRY it on with different bands to see how it looks - don't just walk past!!!!!!!

TooManyOptions

Rough_Rock

I hear you, but to be honest I really want the proposal to be a complete surprise, so wanted to make a decision myself.

I'm thinking that, worst case we could go back after and exchange it for a different one?

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock

I wouldnt hesitate to go for the embrace! you know she loves it, and she may not mind the gap once she tries bands on, i certainly dont mind it =) you can let her know after that that could be an issue and she can decide if she wants to try other options - i doubt she will given she fell in love with the embrace setting...

good luck! cant wait to see it :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Embrace is gorgeous. Have a sales person try it on with different bands. I would not switch from the Embrace to a
channel set band without talking to your GF. They are way different and I dont think that just because a band may not
sit next to it is worth going for that drastic of a change. My 2 cents :)) .

slg47

Ideal_Rock

hmm...the embrace definitely looks like there would be a large gap if wearing it with a wedding band. you can see from the side view on the Tiffany's website that the halo wires go straight down instead of at a diagonal and the 'donut' seems to protrude a lot more than most other halo settings.

honestly, if she wants a halo setting and wants to wear a wedding band with it, I would get one custom made. I like a small gap between rings but I think that much of a gap would drive me nuts.

ETA tyty's suggestion of having a salesperson try it on with different bands is a good one!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

I would ask the staff to show you a ring in that size with various bands. I'm sure they can recommend something that minimizes the gap.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I say - Embrace the Embrace!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Embrace is gorgeous! I love it! I think you may want to consider a curved band that sort of wraps around the donut.

Or, if she really loves a halo, the Legacy or Soleste (even though they're cushion shaped) will fit with a band better.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

I would go for the Embrace for sure! The channel set ring is too different of a style to hope she will like it.

HollyRF

Rough_Rock

I would definitely go for the Embrace. That's what I have. Mine is a .81 carat, G, VS1. I tried it on with the matching wedding band, and yes, there is a gap, but I really like having a gap. I don't really like the look of the wedding band and engagement looking like one big mass. To me, it's nice to have a nice separation between the two, to show off each one's beauty! =) Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of the embrace with the matching wedding bad though.

I'm attaching a photo of my embrace (size 5), to give you an idea of proportion and size.

20110727-200705-1.jpg

20110728-164602-1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results