shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of three stone emerald cut ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to update my previous thread but I don''t know how to change the topic name so I started a new one. I wanted to show you the pics that I got of the three stone emerald cut ring.

ec8.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about the blurry ones.

ec7.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I put them next to my current ring to compare the color.

ec5.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t recall if my current stone is an F or a G. I want to say G. It was interesting because in the store, I couldn''t see ANY color difference but in looking at the pics, it is obvious. I couldn''t see it outside at all in the pics though.

I am interested in hearing your thoughts on the center stone size. Do these two center stones look comparable? I think the EC faces up small. I still don''t have the specs.

Thoughts please.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow...I think that EC ring is gorgeous...I LOVE the proportions of stones! (Of course the ering is stunning, too...)

Is that EC ring the one at NM you''ve been looking at?
30.gif

widget

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Yep. I like it a lot. But, I am not sure that I love it. I don''t know if that I color would bug me.
Also, I think that center stone doesn''t look as big as it is. I looked at another place just for fun and they had one with the exact (almost) same size center stone and it looked bigger. The price was WAY higher though because it was an F and I think maybe VVS. I can''t touch that one pricewise.

But the lady at NM was telling me that since I didn''t get my original sets at NM, I would likely get screwed (not exactly the words she used) on the trade in. The only reason I was considering it was that I thought I might make out a little better on the trade since I had already bought a couple of things from them. But it doesn''t sound like I would so I am probably going to wait to do something til later. I just don''t want to end up with something that I don''t love with all my heart again.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the emerald cut, very classic.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Both are gorgeous
30.gif

Guess I am missing something...are you trading in the RB and setting for the three stone??

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
what size is the center stone on the emerald cut? and the sides?

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I love that solitair setting and matching band. Would you tell me who makes it and what carat weight was your center diamond? Also, how thick is the matching band? Thanks~!~~~

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 11:41:14 PM
Author: zhuzhu
I love that solitair setting and matching band. Would you tell me who makes it and what carat weight was your center diamond? Also, how thick is the matching band? Thanks~!~~~

The setting is Michael B. crown lace. They also make a petite lace that is thinner and the sides are flat. You can see pictures of it all over PS if you do a search. I found the other petite lace to be very uncomfortable but I know it is cheaper since it is less platinum and diamonds.

The center is 1.85 and it is a regent cut, which is kind of a cross between a square stone and a rb.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry. I do not know how wide it is. I could try to find out if you really want to know.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 11:11:33 PM
Author: Rascal49
Both are gorgeous
30.gif

Guess I am missing something...are you trading in the RB and setting for the three stone??
I was thinking about it but I am going to hold off on doing anything for a while.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I was a little confused too. I think that regent solitaire is gorgeous!
30.gif

If it were me, I''d probably hold off and hopefully someday get an EC-3stone for my right hand.

They''re so different, and both so gorgeous in their own way....i think you need BOTH!!
11.gif

widget

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
A couple thoughts...
the ec 3-stone is gorgeous! The I looked pretty white in some of the pictures, so I had to wonder how much the lighting was working for/against it. I know they say to go whiter on EC''s but it really looked pretty white in half of the pictures.

Your existing ring set is just beautiful!
like widget said, I think it''s a great idea for a RHR.

It''s so different from your existing rings that it would make nice contrast on the other hand.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
The only reason I was considering it now was I am selling my original set and I thought if I traded both sets, I might actually be able to do it with no $$ outlay. But since I can''t, I am going to wait. Anyway, I asked my husband if I could get the tennis bracelet that I posted last week on Rocky Talky and he said yes, but I had to agree to no more jewelry purchases over $1k until May of 2010. This is actually good, because it makes me know that he WILL let me do something again and I am pretty sure after waiting that many years, he will let me do something pretty good. It gives me four years to figure out what I want. Also, we will be in a pretty good position then to do something good, hopefully. The RHR is a good idea. I had been thinking of a three stone RB. But then I saw that EC three stone and really liked it. The other think I saw recently that was pretty cool was a 7 carat emerald band. My husband really liked it too but I decided I liked the three stone better.

The other thing I want someday is an emerald ring. But so far, I haven''t seen one that really knocks my socks off, that is less than $125k on Rauantiques.com. On a side note, if you ever get to New Orleans, check out their store. It is fabulous.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Allison I love both your ring sets AND this emerald cut three stone ring!!! No bad choices here. I also adored that diamond bracelet you were looking at from Neiman''s and I am glad to hear that you are going to get it. Maybe you need to start a new thread on the bracelet and post some pics for those who might have missed it on Rocky Talk.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That EC ring is beautiful, but if it doesn''t knock your socks off, best to wait. I haven''t seen this bracelet you mention though...gonna see if I can hunt it down!!!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 5:55:11 PM
Author: Sundial
Allison I love both your ring sets AND this emerald cut three stone ring!!! No bad choices here. I also adored that diamond bracelet you were looking at from Neiman''s and I am glad to hear that you are going to get it. Maybe you need to start a new thread on the bracelet and post some pics for those who might have missed it on Rocky Talk.

I am going to probably pick it up tomorrow so I will snap some new pics and try to post them.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 7:12:35 PM
Author: FireGoddess
That EC ring is beautiful, but if it doesn''t knock your socks off, best to wait. I haven''t seen this bracelet you mention though...gonna see if I can hunt it down!!!
Yep, I agree. And since I am banned from any new jewelry purchases until 2010, I have a few years to decide what I want exactly. By then maybe I can afford something that will knock my socks off for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results