shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of resized rings?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone could please post close up pictures of resized rings, that would be great. I am considering getting my ER resized (up a size or so) and I'm feeling extra paranoid since I am very sentimental. How long does local jeweler resizing take? Thanks!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
With a good resize there’s nothing to see - you can’t tell where the band was reduced or enlarged. If you aren’t going to the bench directly, I’d normally say it takes a week.

For my local bench who does the work on site, the work itself takes less than an hour. That‘s assuming no pave or stones have to be added.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have lost 100 pounds and I had all my rings resized and if you have a good jeweler you cant see anything, my jeweler does all his own work in house and I have to leave my rings when getting sized but he usually gets them done in about 3-4 days or up to a week depending on how busy he is.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had heaps of rings resized, white gold and yellow gold. If making it larger ask for extra gold, not for them to “thin” the existing setting.
With Platinum you need to check with the jeweller. Different platinums can be slightly different alloy mix and you can get a very slight colour difference and/or sometimes a seam line in the metal. Not a huge deal but some people are finicky. Check up front.
Ring resizing is a standard and frequent task for most Jewellers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results