shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of Pave Cathedral Setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
SO:

as you may know ive been on an eternal quest for the perfect pave setting for a cushion cut stone. i''m planning to work with leon mege to design something custom, but i cant for the life of me figure out what i want!

however, today i saw a setting that is absolutely TO DIE for, and im thinking about asking leon to design something similar for me. (i''d never heard of the guy who made this one and he wanted over $5k for it--forget it.)

the setting was pave all over
love.gif
(on all three sides and on pretty much every visible surface, except that the setting wasn''t eternity style--the pave went only 3/4ths of the way around.) it was very very delicate, maybe 2.5mm, not chunky at all (which i hate). and the part that i liked the absolute best was that it was a cathedral-style setting. (i find that i don''t like most of the pave settings ive seen from the side view--but this one was fab.)
love.gif
PLUS it had split claw prongs!!! (it did NOT have a bezel, though, which may surprise some of you.)

the problem im having now is, i came back here to try and draw it so that i can explain to leon what i want done, and i cannot do it for the life of me! im searching the web for ideas, but in the meantime, if anyone has access to side pics of a similar setting (doesn''t really matter if it''s eternity or not) and could direct me to them or post them, i would be soooo thankful.

i obviously need drawing/memory lessons!

Thanks! REENA

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Could you go back to the store (if it was a store?) you saw it at? Maybe you could even get a pic - you could explain that you want to show the setting to your "guy" (he doesn't have to know your "guy", in this case, is leon)
2.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
oooh, thanks--that's not a bad idea at all! also the setting is in the window so i could sneak back and look at it.

i was also just curious to see what else is out there in terms of pave cathedral settings, so if people have examples i'd still love to see them!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I saw this one today and I'm digging it. No slit claws...but something like this? (Not bad for under 2 grand!)

pavset.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh! i like it! where is it from?

EDITING: Ah. antiqueengagementrings.com. i KNEW it looked familiar. i love that one--esp from the side. might have to go in and take a look at it tomorrow.

now that we're buying the stone im super-impatient and not sure i can wait leon's 4-6 weeks!!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
yup! That's where it's from...That is a great price I think also...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results