shape
carat
color
clarity

PICS of my ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pretty Princess

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I''m new here. Been peeping around for the the past month. My fiance and I were engaged near the end of February. I live in NJ. He lives in CA. It''s been a long road, with a longer road still... Hopefully, everything will work out with my transfer to CA! We both work for Uncle Sam, so we''re hoping he''ll give us a compassionate consideration!

Anyway, here are the pics. I borrowed the camera from my dad, and just learned to use it. Whoever suggested using a magnifying glass...it works! It''s a princess set in platinum. It sparkles like crazy, and shoots all sorts of rainbows in the right light. The only thing that bothers me is the color
sad.gif
It''s very square, so don''t let the warped rectangular pic fool you
2.gif
I''ve enjoyed browsing this board, and learned a lot. I hope you enjoy!

1.50 carat Princess
6.31 x 6.28 x 4.45
Clarity VS1
Color K
Depth 70.9%
Table 74%
Girdle Thin to Very Thick
Culet None
Floures. None
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Good

IMG01.jpg

Pretty Princess

Rough_Rock
Last one...(I have more but don't want to bombard you haha)

IMG12.jpg

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Oh how lovely! Yay square stones!
1.gif

I hope your move goes well!!

Congrats!
Colleen

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Agreed with Coleen!!! YAY Square stones!!!! Congrats Pretty Princess on your lovely Princess!!! May you always wear it in good health and with a big pair of sunglases for all those diamond sparkles!
2.gif
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a stunning ring!
love.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It's very pretty! I love the setting. It's unique and classy looking.

Pretty Princess

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies! I forgot to mention there's .32 carats of round brilliants all along the sides of the center stone. I can't wait to pick out the wedding bands!

Can anyone recommend a wedding band that would go with this?...although I think I need to have one custom made so it will fit around the two bands wrapping around the band on either side of the center stone.

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
Nice pics! You did a great job. Your ring is pretty. The stone is nice and big and sparkly!!
appl.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I love settings with diamonds on the side. Who is this particular setting by?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful Ring Pretty Princess..Congrats..
9.gif

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! Love the setting!

Joe M

Rough_Rock
Lovely ring, it looks wonderful on your finger.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and extremely sparkly!!
1.gif
Congratulations and best wishes!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 3/25/2004 10:01:10 PM Pretty Princess wrote:

The only thing that bothers me is the color
sad.gif

----------------

Does it look 'wrong' or is the letter on the cert a much worse sight than the awesome
1.gif
ring?

I am not known for my admiration for colorless stones... One thing I could say is that the setting does the most possible to emphasize the ever-so-slight tint in the stone. The sides of the diamond are exposed, and that is where color is most obvious, not 'face-up' where the fiery reflections get the upper hand
2.gif
The center stone is set very high. Making the diamond look seriously whiter could mean a trip to the jeweler to set the center stone lower, so that the sides are covered by the mounting.
read.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Go K! You're not alone. I wear one too. (Actually, mine's a K/L, probably closer to L.)

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
That's a lovely ring - a pretty princess, indeed!
How can the color bother you with all the sparkles & rainbows shooting out of it?
2.gif
that's my kinda color!
love.gif

Thanks for sharing the photos!!
Best of luck in your move!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results