Pics of my new WG I.D. Jewelry wedding set

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
So gorgeous - I just love your set!!! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1308578583|2950110 said:
Beautiful!!!! I've been eying erings from IDJewelry for a while now and seeing yours is so nice! I also love the diamond band! It looks like an eternity, did you order it exactly to that size to achieve that look or is it a stocked piece? Also, do either the e-ring or diamond band spin? I have spinning problems w/my rings and that's part of my reason for wanting an eternity. :D Best wishes on your surgery I hope that it goes well and you are healing quickly.

Enjoy your beautiful sparklies!!!

The e-ring mounting was gotten through I.D. Jewelry, but the mounting was made by Unique Settings of New York. I.D. Jewelry can get any-thing from any-one and at a much better price!

Yes, I did order my diamond band exactly that size. I know I have a seven stone made of ten point diamonds and I know what the total mm expanse of that is from finger to finger, and I just wanted a scootch more. So I calculated how many mm nine stones at what carat weight would be, figuring there's approx. 1/2 mm between stones for spacing and what I got was nine/eight pointers. I.D. wanted to make me eleven eight pointers but I knew I would feel the pinch of those prongs on the ends. So we went with my plan and it worked out perfectly. I have finger coverage, from finger to finger. No, it's not a stocked piece. It was made by their goldsmith to order. They will make any number of diamonds that someone wants, in any carat weight- custom. You just have to be willing to wait two or three weeks for the goldsmith to make your casting and to cast the piece.

I have my platinum eternity already and having one is enough for me. I prefer to be able to size my rings. In fact I wore my eternity with my new e-ring today, since my little nine stone is on it's way to Manhattan for a tweek! Yes, my e-ring spins, but the nine stone doesn't, but I've lost a considerable amount of weight in the last few months from having an ostomy, so I'm not typical.. If that problem remained, I'd just have GOG put some sizing beads inside the band for me. They're going to do for me on my WF custom five stone since that ring has always spun.

Thank you for the well wishes.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1308626642|2950789 said:
Your new set is lovely gemgirl! As is the band - they look fabulous together, all three in a row :love: :appl:

Hope things are going okay!

Thank you sweetheart. Everything is OK. I'm hanging in waiting. Just nine days to go. Yay! Finally! Keep a good thought for me ::) .

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
gemgirl,

Your set is beautiful. It looks so beautiful on you. I especially love the photo of all three together. I too love ID jewelry. They did
an eternity band for me last December and a few other projects. Your diamond is gorgeous! Wishing you sucess and a speedy recovery
from your surgery. Oh....the high polish is also beautiful........

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful wedding set! Looks L :love: vely on your hand!!! :love:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. Wear them in GOOD health =)

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Another IDJ success!!

Good luck with your surgery.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peepa|1308596635|2950357 said:
What are "end caps?"

I'm trying to find the photo I sent them of the exact ring I wanted, so you could see what I mean by "end caps". I *hate* the feeling of pinchy prongs between my fingers. OK, I found it. Look at the ends. The last diamond transitions right into the gold instead of having pinchy prongs sticking out. It's an easy fix Luann tells me. They just add gold and bring the sides up to the top of the last prongs.

Nine Stone Four Prongs Per Stone Closed Ends.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kimber418|1308628952|2950808 said:
gemgirl,

Your set is beautiful. It looks so beautiful on you. I especially love the photo of all three together. I too love ID jewelry. They did
an eternity band for me last December and a few other projects. Your diamond is gorgeous! Wishing you sucess and a speedy recovery
from your surgery. Oh....the high polish is also beautiful........

Their goldsmith really does spectacular finish work. You can see my reflection in those rings as I took the picture. I was wearing a pink top!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While my new nine stone is in New York City having a little tweek done to it's design, I've been wearing my diamond platinum full eternity band. It's 1.28 cts. (.06 pts. ea.) and I'm wondering why I never made myself a solitaire sooner! They're so darned versatile. I can literally wear any of my diamond bands with it (except maybe my seven stone because those diamonds hit the e-ring in the wrong place and it would wear a groove into the basket). I'm loving the idea of a solitaire ;)) !

And in case anyone loves Leon basic basket design ring or B&L's Grace setting which is also pricey, this mounting, although heavier, is the very same idea. The four prong basket design is something it took me no time at all to get used to.

IMG_2149.JPG

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Lovely new set, esp. with all the band options you have! Leon's basket solitaire is one of my favorites, along with the Cartier 1895. I'll never have either of those, but I really love this setting. Do you know which Unique setting code it is? I've trolled their site many times and they have 4 different solitaires like this that I like.

ETA: Could you give a rough idea of the price for the setting?

Best of luck on your surgery!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
gemgirl|1308570284|2950025 said:
Zoe|1308563686|2949994 said:
BEAUTIFUL, gemgirl! I love them all!

The engraved band is gorgeous, and I totally want one now. Is it from IDJ too?

No, the engraved band is from Aurell. They don't stock them, they make them to order. I thought that was cool!
http://www.aurell.com/

Thanks for the link! Sorry if I missed you mentioning it before.

ETA: It's kind of hard to tell from their website (the pics show up a little grainy on my monitor), but your ring is the "4401-es-1 3 mm," right? It's gorgeous!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rubybeth|1308766166|2952112 said:
Lovely new set, esp. with all the band options you have! Leon's basket solitaire is one of my favorites, along with the Cartier 1895. I'll never have either of those, but I really love this setting. Do you know which Unique setting code it is? I've trolled their site many times and they have 4 different solitaires like this that I like.

ETA: Could you give a rough idea of the price for the setting?

Best of luck on your surgery!

No, I don't have the style name or number of Unique's. I had sent Luann a photo I had saved. But if you call or email Luann at I.D. Jewelry, she can tell you. Yekutiel is very reasonable with his prices. I paid a good bit under $400.- for my setting, and a silly nominal setting charge to have the stone set.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks so great! Do you love the setting?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1308799059|2952600 said:

I honestly didn't think I'd like it this much but I REALLY like it! What a value for the money and what a well made setting! I'm also thoroughly enjoying wearing it with all of my different wedding bands, both diamond and metal. Today I wore it with my eternity and a new highly polished 3mm comfort fit wedding band. It was a different look, but stacked, I liked it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemgirl|1308867674|2953397 said:
Dreamer_D|1308799059|2952600 said:

I honestly didn't think I'd like it this much but I REALLY like it! What a value for the money and what a well made setting! I'm also thoroughly enjoying wearing it with all of my different wedding bands, both diamond and metal. Today I wore it with my eternity and a new highly polished 3mm comfort fit wedding band. It was a different look, but stacked, I liked it!

I forgot to mention, Luann had them taper my setting before setting the diamond. I don't like that. I like the width of yours better.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you feeling these days? I love your new set, it looks great on you :love:

I had seen an engraved band exactly like that before on ebay, but I didn't save it, wonder if its the same seller? hmmm. Wonderful set GG!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
You have a beauiful set! Congrats!! :love:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1308876128|2953542 said:
You have a beauiful set! Congrats!! :love:

And it's getting bigger! I just bought another wedding band. A plain polished one this time. I like it in combination with the e-ring and eternity band. I have to take some pics. Actually when my nine stone comes home, I should take a pic with all the bands I alternate with the new e-ring.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T|1308867977|2953408 said:
How are you feeling these days? I love your new set, it looks great on you :love:

I had seen an engraved band exactly like that before on ebay, but I didn't save it, wonder if its the same seller? hmmm. Wonderful set GG!

I'm doing OK D&T. A little anxious about this week, but OK. Thanks for asking. I'm going to be absolutely thrilled when this next surgery is over!

Yes, that's the same guy. I found him on eBay and then ordered from him directly because that "make an offer, to buy it now" thing in his particular case is not an honest situation. He gets very upset if someone offers him anything less that what he's asking because all of the rings are handmade for the person who orders them. So I thought it best just to go the website route. I think his eBay name is "smevlt".

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just an update...... I said I was going to send my new nine stone back to Luann while I was having my last surgery, so they could get rid of those end prongs and give me a smooth finish to the ring. (They didn't exactly follow the photo I sent them of what I wanted). In any case, their goldsmith does some amazing work. He added white gold to the ends of my ring and you can't even tell that anything has been done to do. It looks like it was cast this way. I'm VERY happy now, as I can't feel anything at all between my fingers (just as I wanted).

First, what it looked like before the facelift. I didn't like that it fanned out on the sides so much. It looked a little weird to me.

IMG_2136.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this is how it looks now...... Very comfy on. It looks the same from the top down.

IMG_2179.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How in the world did I manage to miss this thread?! Gorgeous solitaire and bands gemgirl, I love them all and you'll have so much fun mixing and matching! And I love how the diamond band has been modified, it will be a dream to wear now - pointy prongs poking into my fingers really bother me too! Congrats on all your beautiful new pieces!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. Glad you're finally happy with the ring!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1313546163|2992324 said:
How in the world did I manage to miss this thread?! Gorgeous solitaire and bands gemgirl, I love them all and you'll have so much fun mixing and matching! And I love how the diamond band has been modified, it will be a dream to wear now - pointy prongs poking into my fingers really bother me too! Congrats on all your beautiful new pieces!

Thank you junebug and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who's bothered by prongs between the fingers. That pinch literally drives me nuts and by the end of the day I usually have a nice red irritated mark on my neighboring finger. I guess I'm sensitive.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That does look more comfortable! Glad it was easy for them to fix!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Gemgirl I hope your recovery is going well. I love all your new rings! The solitaire is such a clean classic look and it pairs so well with your different bands. That engraved band is exquisite and I really like what you had them do to finish off the ends of your nine-stone band.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemgirl, your new set is stunning!!! I love it!

And what a bargain with the setting--I believe that same Unique Settings design is over $700 on another vendor's website. ID Jewelry sure is great! Enjoy!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
I am so in love with your set! It looks so elegant!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
The perfect, classy set! Congratulations! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results