shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my new ering-finally

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

llayton

Rough_Rock
I was so excited to finally be able to share my pics that I posted in the wrong forum. I have been trying to figure out how to resize my very large pictures for almost a month now and just figured it out. Anyway, I have lurked on here since last October when my now fiance started to look at rings. By becoming obsessed with this site I gained quite a lot of knowledge and think I educated my fiance well enough to get a beautiful stone and setting. Here''s the stats: Round brilliant AGS 000 ideal cut, I, SI2, .71 cts, 6 princess cut side stones .60 cts total in a platinum setting. Thanks for looking!
Lisa

101.jpg

llayton

Rough_Rock
Close-up

102.jpg

llayton

Rough_Rock
another shot

103.jpg

llayton

Rough_Rock
and another

104.jpg

llayton

Rough_Rock
And a required hand shot

105.jpg

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
What a unique setting. Very different and very pretty.

llayton

Rough_Rock
last one

107.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That is so original!!!!
appl.gif
Are all of the side stones princess...or are two of them round???

llayton

Rough_Rock
Moremoremore,
Hi and thanks for the compliment. They are all princess cuts but 2 of them (there are 3 total in each side heart) are modified. They are shaped like a U if that makes sense. The curve of the U makes the tops of the heart shape. I hope I totally didn't confuse you because I think I am confused now
1.gif

Lisa

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and beautiful ring. It is very sparkly!!!
appl.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
That is a cool design. I love it!!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That's a very original design. Good job!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Very unique and original ring--it looks great on your hand!
1.gif
Was it very costly to have the special stones cut?

llayton

Rough_Rock
The ring was designed by a local jeweler and was already in the showcase in her store. The price was comparable to other settings we looked at with the same side stone carat weight. So, I guess the answer is no it wasn't more expensive. Thanks, Lisa

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
wow, what a totally uniqie ring, Congratulations!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
OOps Unique!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how very very sweet and pretty that is. It has a sort of claddagh-y feel to it. I bet nobody else has a ring like that. Have you been getting lots of compliments?

llayton

Rough_Rock
I get compliments all the time for how sparkly the ring is and how different the style is. I find myself looking forward to going into Walmart because the lighting in that store does incredible things to these stones, not that it doesn't sparkle like mad on its own, but the lights in there causes major rainbows of color. I've actually bumped into people while walking thru the store and staring at my ring. Very embarrassing. Anyone else experience this
1.gif

Lisa

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Try walking down an avenue of leafy trees and looking down at your ring. You'll see amazing colors.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I almost got into a car accident last week staring at the thing with the light from the sun roof blasting it into a gazillion sparklies....
6.gif
My husband says he is taking it away if I do that again.
11.gif

leogirl

Rough_Rock
That's a gorgeous and most importantly ORIGINAL ring! Love it!
Kind of weird to see it as it is so similar to what I had invisioned for me personally re: my future e-ring (cross my fingers - it should be happening soon!)

What made you decide to go with 6 princess cuts to form two hearts (is that the effect you were going for?) I actually want two heart-shaped side stones surrounding my centre oval!

Love it!

llayton

Rough_Rock
The ring was not designed by us but by a local jeweler. The piece was already in her showcase when we started looking at settings. This is not originally what I had wanted. I had in mind a very modern A. Jaffe setting which I did see and loved, but when I saw this setting with my diamond in it, well that's all it took. I fell in love. My fiance had several settings to choose from that we looked at but ultimetly (sp) picked this one and I couldn't be happier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results