shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my Eightstar with ACA wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I've had my diamond back for a long time but I have a sucky camera so I haven't gotten much pics. This stone was an EGL Israel D SI2 1.31 but I knew full well at the time of purchase that it was probably GIA standards E I1 and that was ok with me for the price I paid. The recut came to 1.10 F I2 but Wink and I both agree that GIA must have been on crack that day because it's not worse than I1. I love it dearly and there are eye visible inclusions but scattered and white and only visible really really close and if you know they're there. My diamond is very beautiful and I'm very proud to own it. The wedding band is all AGS graded .21 & .22 H&I SI1 stones with custom platinum band from Whiteflash. It is lovely and no way I can tell the color difference. I sparkle so much colored flashes that they really do look fake. Here it is:

wedset.JPG

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Here is a very bad picture of my dirty diamond with no special effects. Just white paper in outdoor lighting. It's magnified and looks so included in the pic and you'd think...yep that sure is an I2 but really you can't see that. I wish I had a better camera.

P1010004.JPG

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Here's another picture of it outside under the same light as the second pic. Look at those colors........it really does look like that. Amazing.

P1010002.JPG

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
And here is a picture of the right hand ring I just had made to house my new .393 G I1 Eightstar. The side stones are about .20. I'm officially out of money now and dh is not happy LOL. Well he shouldn't have bought that brand new corvette without knowing I'd have to have some new jewels to make it even, well not even close to even LOL

Jaime

jaimering.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
marriahlyn, your set is gorgeous!

The two rings really compliment each other and they look great on your hand.

Thank you for posting the pictures of it.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow, It's beautiful.
I love the rings together. They look amazing.
Whiteflash-another job well done.

Sorry you're out of money, but I think it was worth it.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!! ANd I love the picture with the pastel rainbows...I think it's beautiful
love.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jaime!!!
1.gif

Wow, you do have some impressive rings!
9.gif
I love your EightStar, and it sure does look clean for its grade!
2.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! I really like that show with all the dispersion, one of my favorite features of an EightStar!

Who made the new set for you? They did an excellent job!

Wink

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely GORGEOUS!!
love.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome!!!I really like the set, and I also really like your RHR. I've been toying with the idea of someday getting a RHR like that, though probably not a 3-stone. Great pics, especially that cool pastel-colored one of the 8*!
1.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Your rings look awesome! How was the recut process? Did it take long? Your rock didn't lose much weight in the recutting process.

I love the set. Do you notice any difference between the flash/sparkle of the two types of stones (ACA and 8*)?

drooling!
3.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!!

The recutting process and the recert took quite a while but went very well. The diamond was already TIC but didn't seem to have much sparkle and that's why not a lot of weight was lost. I do not notice much difference in the "flashes" the ACA seems to flash just as much as the Eightstar. I just love the diamond and got a great deal because it's included but like I said, we're shocked at the grade it got. I should scan a copy of the inclusion plot because it seems like it's a different diamond. Confuses me but oh well, I love it and like I said the inclusions are very hard to find with the eye unless you're inches away and you study it closely.

I love the Eightstar. It flashes more colored light than any other diamond I've seen and all my other diamonds rated 3 VH on the Bscope.

This is what my diamond looked like BEFORE the recut. It's the one close to the band. The other is a 2ct Asha. This is where you can see that it really isn't as included as any of the I2's I've ever seen.

di2131asha.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marriahlyn
thats beautiful,looks like you lost .21 ct ,i had wink recut my 60/60 stone into a h&a it went from a 1.47 ct to a 1.15. the 8*s are a different animal wheither you like it or not; i've seen four of them ,all beautiful stones. now go sell your husband's corvette and buy more diamonds.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I think you did just beautifully—Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
love.gif

Your diamond is gorgeous and I understand how special it is to you—my original ering stone is not the greatest… Unfortunately, it is not near a 1.3 ct weight so if I recut, I’d end up with a very tiny stone I suspect…But I think your has just come to a beautiful resolution—and an I1? I can’t see anything!
appl.gif
appl.gif
This is so wonderful! I wish I could recut…
15.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 7/15/2004 9:00:52 PM vtigger86 wrote:

Marriahlyn
thats beautiful,looks like you lost .21 ct ,i had wink recut my 60/60 stone into a h&a it went from a 1.47 ct to a 1.15. the 8*s are a different animal wheither you like it or not; i've seen four of them ,all beautiful stones. now go sell your husband's corvette and buy more diamonds.----------------
Yes, Poor Paul Slegers had a task to make your stone keep even that much weight, but he did a GREAT job! Marriahlyn's diamond was just a better stone for recutting with minimal weight loss. Each stone must be judged by the cutter for the best path.

As Paul would say, live long

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results