shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my dress (unaltered)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
OK ladies. Here is my dress unaltered. So it''s really big in the bust for me and the hips but just right in the waist. I''m thinking of adding fabric to the back because its a little more bare than I''d thought it would be. I am also going to have it slightly closer to the hips than I have it now.

I am standing on something that is 12 inches tall, so I''m deceptively tall here. I''ve got horrid hair and zero makeup because its after work and I''m tired...but here they are!

Resized WD 1.jpg

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Ugh don''t mind my mess in the background. I am so messy right now because report cards are due and a million other things are going on at work!

Resized WD3.jpg

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Oops. I didn''t realize they were so big. Here''s a smaller size of the back.

Resized WD4.jpg

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Just to note, my shoulder are hunched in every picture here. The straps are too loose because of the bust so I''m trying to compensate. It looks like I have terrible posture, but its not true!

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
wowsers! That is one sexy back! I love it! It is going to look so perfect when you have it altered. I don't think you should add fabric to the back - it seriously makes the dress!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that the back is beautiful also but I think that the side is a tiny bit bare so maybe just extend the fabric back a small bit at the sides. It''s such a beautiful dress!!

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 7:25:07 PM
Author: bee*
I think that the back is beautiful also but I think that the side is a tiny bit bare so maybe just extend the fabric back a small bit at the sides. It''s such a beautiful dress!!

I love the dress. I would see what you could do to the side just a little, but that back is beautiful on you. It does make it. Even if you didn''t do anything to the side, once it''s altered, it''ll feel and look more firm against the side of your body. I love it!!!

Who is the designer?

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Lily, bringing the sexy back!! Woohoo! Love it. Love. it. You''ll be perfect in it...that is, once you''re not swimming in it anymore!

Yay for finding "the dress!"

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the compliments. I''m waiting for any critiques too. I''m so worried that I look completely drowned in it, but then I realized, I do need alterations, so doh! And when I put it on again, I felt that Wow again. My brother''s gf was stunned and she was like, I''m going to cry!

LOL! Yup I am swimming in it tberube. It feel ginormous on my frame, but I think with alterations it''ll come down to my size.

bee* and vote4pedrotoo, I''m glad you two agree that it needs a little more coverage. I felt exposed but loved the rest of the dress! The $400-500 alterations quote includes adding fabric, so I know what I''m up for.

vote4pedrotoo it''s Amsale''s Guadalupe. I got it at a sample sale which is why the only place the dress fits me is the waist! ^_^

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
oh honey, the back on that is just FAAAABULOUS--don''t change it!!! i agree with bee and vote4pedrotoo that the side is a little skimpy, but the back is just beautiful! if you have the sides covered a bit more and still feel a little exposed because of the bare back, do you think wearing your hair down would help some?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic on you, Lily! I think it will look fabulous when it fits correctly! Will you wear a veil with it or not?

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty!

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 7:51:30 PM
Author: lilythespitfire
Thank you for the compliments. I''m waiting for any critiques too. I''m so worried that I look completely drowned in it, but then I realized, I do need alterations, so doh! And when I put it on again, I felt that Wow again. My brother''s gf was stunned and she was like, I''m going to cry!

LOL! Yup I am swimming in it tberube. It feel ginormous on my frame, but I think with alterations it''ll come down to my size.

bee* and vote4pedrotoo, I''m glad you two agree that it needs a little more coverage. I felt exposed but loved the rest of the dress! The $400-500 alterations quote includes adding fabric, so I know what I''m up for.

vote4pedrotoo it''s Amsale''s Guadalupe. I got it at a sample sale which is why the only place the dress fits me is the waist! ^_^

I thought so! I admired that dress quite a bit when I was searching. Amsale was out of the question for me, though. And my back doesn''t look as good as yours. You go girl! It''s beautiful! Be sure to post pic''s altered.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks amazing on you, and it''ll look even better once it''s been altered. I kind of hope that you don''t put the fabric on the sides-or put it at an angle so there isn''t too much coverage. I can do a "quick and dirty" photo shop version if you want me to instead of trying to explain it...Because I''m not good at explaining...

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 1:01:42 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I think it looks amazing on you, and it''ll look even better once it''s been altered. I kind of hope that you don''t put the fabric on the sides-or put it at an angle so there isn''t too much coverage. I can do a ''quick and dirty'' photo shop version if you want me to instead of trying to explain it...Because I''m not good at explaining...

As Ricky would say, "splain, splain"

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. Going to Photoshop....

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Adding to the sides only is perfect. Leave the back open - it''s gorgeous!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok so this is what I''m talking about. I really wouldn''t do any more than this to it, because I love the back and I think if you added anything else, you did would alter the look of it. Plus, with the straps I think it might look kind of odd if you had like a panel of sheer fabric or something else added between the front and the strap. Does that make sense?

Resized WD3freked.jpg

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
yup. I couldn''t picture how that was going to work. But I like how there is still a lot of the side showing. sexeeeeee

smiles

Shiny_Rock
lily, the dress is gorgeous and freke, i am so glad you did that because i was thinking the exact same triangular panel but photoshop is not my thing so im glad you could do that!!

its truly stunning on you and i am sure youll feel great in it once its altered!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
agreed that this would look better as you''re probably going to wear something extra to give you a little more boob volume and don''t want to risk the chance that people can look in on the side and see what you''ve used.

freke - you''ve got skills!

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to add that I agree with others - the side view is the part of the dress that makes it sexy. I would not change the back one bit, but if you want to add more coverage somewhere Freke''s photoshop job is a great option.

canadian_bling

Rough_Rock
Hey Lily,

I think FrekeChild''s simulation is great. I would suggest that you consider sewing in sticky cloth strapless bras and double sided tape on the side of the dress. It will give you alot more support and it will help to prevent any potential "accidents" when leaning over. This dress is really unique and you look great in it!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome dress! It looks amazing on you! Kudos for having a a super hot back to pull it off!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here's one less-than-positive comment. Anyone over 50 is going to be shocked to see the back. It looks like you forgot to put your top on and are walking down the isle in a skirt only! But styles have changed since the "olden days". Just a heads up, though, if you have any grammas at the ceremony brace yourself for the gasps!

Very pretty from the front!

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
FREKE YOU ROCK! That is great! I think I may even add a little more so it swoops into a back like a curved V. More coverage to help poor gramma''s tender sensibilities that day. Here is kinda what I was thinking of! Tell me what you think!

P.S. Thanks for the compliments on my back! *blush*

tara keely back.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is the gramma-approved version--I tidied up your room, too!!!

WD4withbluebackstraps.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 5:10:42 PM
Author: swingirl
Here is the gramma-approved version--I tidied up your room, too!!!
LMAO ROFL!!! Could you tidy up my house that way, too???
9.gif

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Awesome job swingirl! You can clean my room anytime! LOL. That Photoshop is pretty darn effective.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you guys liked my mad photoshopping skillz!
28.gif

I think your idea would look really pretty lily!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results