shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics! Mahenge Pendant, ID Jackets, etc.

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
As some of you have requested, I got my husband to take a few quick neck shots of my Mahenge pendant, along with some of my other bling. I'm still not 100% happy with the way the colors are portrayed, but these pics are certainly crisper than anything I've been able to take thus far, so yay! Please ignore even the tiny bit you can see of ME and my ratty fleece jacket in the pics! I'm sick, so I wasn't wearing any makeup and my hair was thrown back in a messy ponytail.

First up, the Mahenge spinel pendant (Prima Gems 1.87 carat, 7.3mm, set in a platinum pendant by DanielM with 1.5 pointer diamonds)

dsc_16.jpg

dsc_19.jpg

dsc_20.jpg

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
And now, a variety of looks using ID jackets with 3 pointer diamonds: first, 5.0-5.5mm AAA Akoya pearls from Pearl Paradise, then a 5mm tsavorite from Prima Gems, then for the heck of it, my new 0.66ctw bezel set diamonds from IDJ.

dsc_4277.jpg

dsc_4281.jpg

dsc_4244.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I like the jackets best with the diamonds, surprisingly!

Love the Mahenge spinel pendant. I wish I could get pictures like that of my neck! (Maybe you can send your husband to various PSer's houses to take pictures!)

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
[quote="FrekeChild|1362295345|3394971(Maybe you can send your husband to various PSer's houses to take pictures!)[/quote]

Hahaha, Freke, if I could go to various PS'ers houses and play with / take pics of their bling, I'd make my husband teach ME how to take pics like he does! No way would he get to do THAT job!! :lickout:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Are your jackets made for a .50 prong set diamond? Does the bezel sit above the jacket? I ask because I have a pair of IDJ bezeled .40ctw diamonds and was wondering how much airline I would have if I used a jacket made for .50 prong set earring.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Nice Tsavorites! Love the pendant too! All very classy and wearable.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Oh, Tara, your collection is soo beautiful, I spent some time looking at your jacketed studs, just gorgeous! :love:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new bling!! The spinel necklace is just gorgeous and I love your Tsavs! Beautiful colour! Did you just contact Prima and ask them to cut you two matching 5mm stones?

I was going to get some 5 pointer IDJ jackets but now I am not so sure. I think I will talk to my local manufacturing jeweller about making some jackets to match a sapphire ring I have, alternating pear and round brilliants (maybe 7.5-10pts each). I need to see how much more they will be than the IDJ jackets. My feeling is a lot but it's our fifth wedding anniversary this week and Mr K has said I can have some new earrings.... So maybe....

But yours are just lovely. So tempting!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a lot of beauties! Your pendant is just gorgeous -- color is knockout! I love the jackets too. No faves here re stones with them -- each one is wonderful, though I think the size of the diamonds is really perfect with the pearls. I'm so glad you let us peek at your sparkles!

--- Laurie

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to ask who set your tsavorite studs?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your pendant is fantastic! That is a beautiful colour and well saturated (to my eyes...) and I love that DanielM setting! What a perfect size on your neck!

Hope you feel better soon!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to log in this morning and see your pics! Kudos to your hubby for his photo skills.
That spinel looks great against your skin. How did you determine the size of the melee? They really compliment the spinel without overwhelming the pendant. The jackets look lovely with all three. What fun to have a variety of looks to choose from.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All gorgeous, and look great on you!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning, stunning, stunning!!!!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Looove that Mahenge! What a great, vibrant color! And the pendant setting looks great and well-made.

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! The tsav looks too dark in the pic, but I will try to get my husband to take another pic soon. I think PS might be messing with the colors a little, too. Anyway, I also have some pink spinels (sold to me as Mahenge, but IMO they aren't worthy of that connotation) I need to photograph in the jackets soon. They are 4.7 mm and there's a slight airline, so I'm not as fond of that combo as the others.

freke: I think I like the diamonds the best, too, surprisingly! I'm just such a fan of bezels and, when paired with the jackets, I think they look more like one solid piece than the other combos.

NonieMarie: Yes, my jackets were made to fit 0.50ct in each ear / 1cttw. Which would normally be a 5mm stone + a typical martini or basket setting. The IDJ bezels allowed me to go down in stone size by .5 mm. These are ~4.5mm diamonds in the bezels and they fit pretty much perfectly. They don't sit above the jackets much at all; they look really integrated.

misskittycat: My jackets have the 3 point diamonds (0.66 cttw). I honestly find them to be plenty of bling for me. Any more than that, and I think I'd be inclined to save them for wearing on special/fancy occasions. But that's just me and I know a lot of women who can pull off far, FAR more blingage just going to the gym or grocery store! I was lucky enough to find mine on preloved, but I know the retail price of these jackets was right at $700 as of a couple of months ago.

My tsavorites were set by Hunt Country Jewelers. They were great to work with, with competitive pricing. These are in platinum. I didn't ask Prima to cut me a pair - as far as I know, they don't cut anything themselves. Jaimeen had about 12 tsavs in this size that he let me look over and pick out a pair from.

kgizo: Thanks! I had worked with DanielM on a similar project for my Mom - I'd gotten a vibrant pink tourmaline from Bob Kast that was 7mm and had it set into DanielM's usual sliding halo pendant. It turned out lovely, BUT I thought of how much nicer it would look if the melee were just a teeeeny bit bigger. So when I had my slightly-bigger spinel set, I had them upgrade from 1 point to 1.5 point melee, hoping it would look right. I'm very happy with how the proportions look now!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG I'm so happy you posted neckshots. That thing is ridiculous! and DM did such a great job!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and classy. Never noticed the jacket or anything else as my eyes were drawn to the bling right away. :bigsmile:

alice87

Shiny_Rock
You made very beautiful pieces. I like tsavorite the best. In my opinion, earrings jackets are really great, because even with one jacket you can have so many styles. I have one, and it give a different looks to different stones, just as it is seen on your pictures.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results